Jio subscriptions - could be very significant already!

How many of Jio stuff do you have ? Jio Fi, phone, sim etc .. :)

I have a JioFi2 housing a Jio sim, that's it.
Jio Phone voice connectivity is very good....recently sometime the voice breaks complaint is received from the other side....

Jio Fi data speed in my area is very slow so it takes too much time to open internet sites.

ST

How many of Jio stuff do you have ? Jio Fi, phone, sim etc .. :)

I have a JioFi2 housing a Jio sim, that's it.
Ha ha ...I have 3 Jio connections Jio Phone which I use as a landline because my BSNL landline gives so much disturbance that after 2 min one cannot speak,Then Jio Fi2 with Jio sim which feeds data to my old android 3G phone with BSNL and Airtel sims in it and a Jio 4G Sim which is in the new 4G phone......need to cut down on this number...3G phone can be phased out soon.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

TradeOptions

The Economic Times ›
ZEE pulls out all content from Jio due to disagreement over pricing
Gaurav Laghate August 09, 2018

ZEE also removed its library content — non-air shows and movies – that was part of the deal and was offered to Jio subscribers via Jio Cinema app.

Subhash Chandra-promoted Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEE) has removed all its content from Mukesh Ambaniowned Reliance Jio, including 35 live TV channels and more than 2 lakh hours of video-on-demand content after failing to arrive at an agreement on price.
While the two companies have remained tight-lipped about the reason for the move, highly placed sources told ET that both sides couldn’t agree on a viable commercial agreement.

It was on Monday August 6, when ZEE management decided to withdraw the content from Reliance Jio Digital Services, terminating a multi-year deal the two companies had signed in mid-2016.

On Tuesday, all the 35 channels of ZEE, including popular channels like Zee TV, Zee Cinema, Zee Marathi and others went dark on Jio TV, the live TV app exclusive to Jio subscribers.The Jio TV app allows users to watch live TV channels with up to 7 days of catch-up TV content.ZEE also removed its library content — non-air shows and movies – that was part of the deal and was offered to Jio subscribers via Jio Cinema app. “There are commercial issues. Jio has grown too quickly and today has over 215 million subscribers.

Many subscribers consume live TV channels on Jio TV. ZEE seems to be looking for a better commercial arrangement, which Jio did not favour,” said a highly placed source with direct knowledge of the development.

A Jio spokesperson told ET that Jio is committed to offering the “widest range” of digital services and applications and entertainment options to its customers on its technology platforms. “Jio is working with all the participants in the eco-system in a way that creates win-win relationship for consumers, broadcasters and others alike,” the spokesperson said without confirming the development.

A ZEE spokesperson refused to comment on the development. In its AGM last month, Mukesh Ambani, chairman, Reliance Industries, announced that Jio had 215 million users on its network within 22 months of operation.He mentioned that data usage on Jio platform was at 240 crore GBs per month, while video consumption had grown to 340 crore hours per month.