Jimberg AFL

Anyone used jimberg afl.....the chart is showing very good buy and sell signals.....anyone used it what is the timeframe in which it works best.....
I am using it in daily charts......can it be used in intraday also???

Someone said that it also looks into future data so it gives correct signal....that means it never gives signal for present bar....am i right???

So how should I look forward to use this afl in trading

i have attached eod chart for SBI till 8 feb 2011

Last edited:
anyone used jimberg afl.....the chart is showing very good buy and sell signals.....anyone used it what is the timeframe in which it works best.....

Someone said that it also looks into future data so it gives correct signal....that means it never gives signal for present bar....am i right???

So how should i look forward to use this afl in trading

i have attached eod chart for sbi till 8 feb 2011
afl code pls...

rrrajguru

Anyone used jimberg afl.....the chart is showing very good buy and sell signals.....anyone used it what is the timeframe in which it works best.....

So how should I look forward to use this afl in trading

i have attached eod chart for SBI till 8 feb 2011
Dear Anurag,

The chart is showing very good buy and sell signals. But are those signals are static signals or dynamic signals, is the question. I have not used this afl, but have seen other afl like this one, where buy and sell signals are dynamic in nature.

Are you getting my point Anurag Bhai. And dont you think that, if in this afl, signals will be static signals then one can become crorepati in a month???

Dear Anurag,

The chart is showing very good buy and sell signals. But are those signals are static signals or dynamic signals, is the question. I have not used this afl, but have seen other afl like this one, where buy and sell signals are dynamic in nature.

Are you getting my point Anurag Bhai. And dont you think that, if in this afl, signals will be static signals then one can become crorepati in a month???
There is no question that they re-paint. Some static signal will often come like this but 3 or 4 bars late but these print too close together and are EXACT on highs and low...NOT POSSIBLE unless dynamic. I don't understand why anyone would use these on a chart...just confuses the operator

This one is a waste of time

Look at the place where you have a blue bar and a red down arrow...LOL

Actually the buy sell are static but they come after 2-3 bars ....thats why i am asking the experienced afl traders as to how i should go about trading with such afls

Any idea???

Do u have any other good afl which u r using....pl share ....will be grateful

Last edited:
Actually the buy sell are static but they come after 2-3 bars ....thats why i am asking the experienced afl traders as to how i should go about trading with such afls

Any idea???

Do u have any other good afl which u r using....pl share ....will be grateful
If it repaints or comes a few bars late then TAKE IT OFF THE CHART
It is of no use and only for looks
Nothing on this chart is going to help you trade better.

You have to decide what time frames you want to trade in, what you are going to trade and if you are going to follow trend or counter trend trade.
All of these must be considered before you decide what to use.
So first decide then ask for ideas about what to use. Maybe some folks will help you get started and give you ideas but these posts asking for AFL's are ridiculous and a waste of everyone's time. :annoyed:

Do NOT do like most here and ask for an AFL to use because it WILL NOT HAPPEN. You may get one but it will be of NO USE. You will not make money like that. Trading is hard WORK. hard WORK. hard WORK. Work is the key word here...not FIND. There is nothing to FIND but lots of help if you want to WORK. I will give you money from my money tree if you work for it but I will not give or sell you the TREE. We will help to feed you but will NOT spoon feed you nor anyone else. :eek:

For those who do not really understand how jimberg came about

Jimberg formula was made by jimberg a portfolio trader with 25 years experience and he placed on record trades with 65% success in the days when nobody dared publish results.

Jimberg formula was designed for eod charts,buy or sell signal taken
if weekly timeframe supports trend .
Jimberg formula is a complete trading system.

What is a complete trading system?
most formulae or trading systems you se have no head or tail.

jimberg Formula specifies clearly
when to enter-ENTRY,
when to exit if trade goes against you-Trailing stop
when to take profits-TARGET-A profit taker green line is available

Even when to add positions can be clearly seen on chart ,WHEN ENTRY CONDITION REPEATS and trend is continued with visible stepping up of trailstop.

I ask the guys who say "Jimberg is not good "to show here another complete trading system for eod trading with 65% established success rate.

If you try using an eod system on a 5 minute chart,you sure get burnt out.

I know old people who use only jimberg formula and make money easily comfortably and they dont listen to anyother advice owing to the profits they make.

Truth is as above
I am ready to accept Jimberg formula as failure if you post its visible failure on chart of daily timeframe-minimum 4 charts.

Well. that is it.

JUST GET RID OF THE PIVOTS PART OF THE CODE.

instead add pivots like R1,PP,S1.
In jimberg color is the boss.
stoploss is the king.

Should you exit as price hits the stopline?
NO.
Think smart.

you entered a trade. you placed stoploss order on your terminal. price came and hit your stop. you are kicked out of the trade. the price takes off without you on board.
What to do to avoid getting kicked out?
think.
cleverly.

HI,

any one tell me can i add sound alert in amibroker when my price reach to our target price.

For eg. I purchase Bank nifty @ 11500 and my target is 11550 and stoploss is 11475.

I want set sound alert if price reach to 11550 and secound sound alert if price reach to my stop loss price 11475.

I not use any indicator for decided price target or stop loss its simple use price chart only and 50 points target and 25 poits stop loss for every

call.

if any one know about these pls tell me.

Thanks
Kishor.