Java API/Web Service to get BSE Quotes

As per my knowledge, upto now there is no API/WS for BSE/NSE markets.

If you wish, You can implement java stock API.

Take the data from www dot nseindia dot com .Intrude for applet ticker code. Use decompilers. You can find OHLC data links(stocks, futures, indices). Use Regular Expressions and develop stocks quote framework.

Even you can download quote data from YA HOO finance. Search for indices, findout N S E and look for Components link for NSE market. Navigate and find out download data links(future data not available). YA HOO finance NSE data is realtime.

I don't have much idea about how to implement strategies. We can take traderji's experts ideas about implementing best strategies, indicators etc...

All the best,
pajjurus

Maybe some of my implementation in getting Yahoo Quote data from their server might be useful to you. Thanks!

http://jstock.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jstock/jstock/src/org/yccheok/jstock/engine/YahooStockServer.java?view=markup

Hey yccheok,

I had a look at the jStock and it's a wonderful product.
Am trying to fetch the live data from yahoo/NSE and really don't know how it can be done. So as per your suggestion, I looked at the YahooStockServer.java and found those methods and definitely that is what I needed. Now, I went further to see the rest of the classes and I found myself kind of lost in the code.

My requirement is: What all the api I needed to utilize YahooStockServer methods. Which API do you use to make the connection?

Thanks,
Manu.

Hi Yccheok!!

I used Jstock. Its great as it solves the problem of the intraday traders who are very busy to again n again look at bse/nse sites to know the latest quotes.

Well, you have used Yahoo server to get the stock data. My question is, what if i want to use BSE/NSE. Will you help me a bit. What would you suggest me..

As I need only stock data for India (BSE/NSE)..
Should i use the same as developed by you, or should i customize it to use the NSE/BSE. If i should customize it to use NSE/BSE, then what strategy should i use?

my email address is [email protected]