it is not rocket science. please write AFL for amibroker

Since I am @office during trading times being using zerodha kite so here is the problem at hand. I have time-frame of a minute and three minute and beyond they have not provided 2 TF and it offsets the whole equation sadly. Snapshots would show what I am referring to :mad:

Three TF - No entry as William %R is below -20

One TF - No entry again as it offsets the setup completely
Usually a param of 250 on 2 minutes can be approximated on 3 minutes

as 250 x 2/3 i.e. 167, not exact but try it and see

Happy :)

Since I am @office during trading times being using zerodha kite so here is the problem at hand. I have time-frame of a minute and three minute and beyond they have not provided 2 TF and it offsets the whole equation sadly. Snapshots would show what I am referring to :mad:

Three TF - No entry as William %R is below -20

One TF - No entry again as it offsets the setup completely
I am also zerodha trader. i subscribed data feeder for amibroker. i am not using this technique all the time Here is my trading system http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/101729-share-your-amibroker-day-trading-setup.html

Silentshadow

Usually a param of 250 on 2 minutes can be approximated on 3 minutes

as 250 x 2/3 i.e. 167, not exact but try it and see

Happy :)
I did go through the thread and yet to try it out in the absence of a data feed its little tricky will bother your a bit if I have trouble understanding the concept. Considering being a leaner I still ask around for some guidance, understand 0 & 1's binary much better than financials:(

In the interim -- Happy & Mega am sharing some AFL's which I diged caution I am yet to test and still to get my head around as to how to use it - may be pros like yourselves can have a go and share feedback

Trust you have PM's activated if so it will hit your mailboxes shortly

I am also zerodha trader. i subscribed data feeder for amibroker. i am not using this technique all the time Here is my trading system http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/101729-share-your-amibroker-day-trading-setup.html

Silentshadow

Sorry guys couldnt push the afl due to restriction may be if you folks could help me with an dummy email address I can push it across

Mega your PM is not active

I did go through the thread and yet to try it out in the absence of a data feed its little tricky will bother your a bit if I have trouble understanding the concept. Considering being a leaner I still ask around for some guidance, understand 0 & 1's binary much better than financials:(

In the interim -- Happy & Mega am sharing some AFL's which I diged caution I am yet to test and still to get my head around as to how to use it - may be pros like yourselves can have a go and share feedback

Raj232

If you are using zeroda Kite, then the data feed can be connected directly to Ami broker.
you can check out and fine tune it before sharing on this forum:
quant.zerodha.com/forum/discussion/358/kite-streaming-data-to-amibroker

_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI");
SetChartOptions(0,0,chartGrid30|chartGrid70);
periods = Param( "Periods", 15, 1, 200, 1 );
Plot( RSI( periods), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("MA");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 300, 1, 10 );
Plot( MA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
_SECTION_END();

/* Create date: 20 Dec 2009
The Stochastic %K(Slow) crosses above the Stochastic %D(Slow) on the current bar */

Buy =Cross( StochK( 14, 3 ), StochD( 14, 3, 3 ) )AND StochK( 14, 3 ) > 20 OR
The MACD crosses above the Signal on the current bar */

Cross( MACD( 12, 26 ), Signal( 12, 26, 9 ) ) /*AND
The Simple MA (Medium) crosses above the Simple MA (Long) on the current bar */

/*Volume > 250000 */OR
Cross(RSI ( periods ), MA ( P, Periods));
Sell = Cross( StochD( 14, 3, 3 ), StochK( 14, 3 ) )AND StochK( 14, 3 ) < 80 OR
Cross( Signal( 12, 26, 9 ), MACD( 12, 26 ) )/*AND
The Close Price of the current bar is greater than the Simple MA (Long) of 1 bar ago */

The Simple MA (Medium) crosses above the Simple MA (Long) on the current bar */

/*Volume > 250000*/ OR
Cross(MA ( P, Periods),RSI ( periods ) );
Short = Sell;
Cover = Buy;
need help experts i want buy/sell signals in price chart when red line cross blue line

Attachments

Last edited:

mastermind007

AFL Writing is not rocket science. It is far more complicated.

Rocket science is very easy and they only have to worry about going upwards at a velocity that is higher than Escape Velocity (which is already calculated for them). Rocket science is so easy that even Pappu fans from Congress can figure it out..

AFL writing on other hand has far too many things to worry about. AFL has to follow trend upwards when stock is going upwards and downwards when stock is moving down. Stop loss has to be bidirectional. Backtesting has to work.

So, please do not compare AFL writing with rocket science.

mastermind007

-------------------------