Is your computer painfully slow and there is no money to buy new one?

Reyansh

How To Make Your Old, Slow Computer Like-New Again (it's easier than you think!)

Clever new device is saving people hundreds (even thousands) and the big computer companies aren't happy about it!

Is your computer painfully slow? Have you considered buying a new 'faster' computer but the price of even a basic one makes you cringe? Do you wish there was a cheaper, more affordable way to get a new computer? (Hint: there is – keep reading.)

It's incredibly frustrating when computers slow down or stop working for seemingly no reason at all. And even after all the diagnostics, upgrades, and money spent, the amount of time waiting for that spinning wheel or hourglass to disappear never seems to get any shorter. Your once new, lightning-fast, computer just keeps getting slower as each day passes.

Well, fortunately, there's a new device that has recently hit the market and it's literally giving old, slow computers lightning fast speed again. And to say it's extremely affordable is grossly understated!

(Original: http://www.studylifestyle.com/2016/...get-safetylevel20longtail15&sxid=9cb1umlndj5r)

XtraPC How it Works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzKQGGzZdGY

Xtra-PC Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E70jhTQHQ

TracerBullet

You can simply use Linux from USB, no need to pay if you dont need support. It works well enough and wont mess with existing installations. Migrating to SSD can also make big difference in every day usage.

Reyansh

Whatever is made on booting thorough the USB port (whether with Linux or with Xtra PC or others, not mentioned programs), BIOS must be put to allow us to boot up from the USB port. This is ultimate to know, as not all BIOS permit this function automatically.

So a check in advance is needed on this function in every individual BIOS. Every laptop model can be Google d to find out how there BIOS work and what functions can be modified.

pannet1

Whatever is made on booting thorough the USB port (whether with Linux or with Xtra PC or others, not mentioned programs), BIOS must be put to allow us to boot up from the USB port. This is ultimate to know, as not all BIOS permit this function automatically.

So a check in advance is needed on this function in every individual BIOS. Every laptop model can be Google d to find out how there BIOS work and what functions can be modified.
If your PC came with a USB 2.0 then you probably have a booting option. Some versions were looking for zip-drive and usb-floppy and usb-hdd etc. Most of them can be worked around with Linux. Another option is you could upgrade the bios. Its just kind of small chip. When BIOS itself get faulty service does the same thing.

With the advent of UEFI bios we have another problem of installing some linux taking a slightly different path than the usual.

Just last week I installed this linux, I was surprised it was so easy. I installed it to my memory card (pluged in a usb with memory card slot) and then my seagate external Hard disk.

Still from the Indian Traders perspective many of serious trading software are geared towards Win*. There are workarounds like Wine but making all Windows software we use to work in linux is a pain in the butt

C_R_Kumar

If your PC came with a USB 2.0 then you probably have a booting option. Some versions were looking for zip-drive and usb-floppy and usb-hdd etc. Most of them can be worked around with Linux. Another option is you could upgrade the bios. Its just kind of small chip. When BIOS itself get faulty service does the same thing.

With the advent of UEFI bios we have another problem of installing some linux taking a slightly different path than the usual.

Just last week I installed this linux, I was surprised it was so easy. I installed it to my memory card (pluged in a usb with memory card slot) and then my seagate external Hard disk.

Still from the Indian Traders perspective many of serious trading software are geared towards Win*. There are workarounds like Wine but making all Windows software we use to work in linux is a pain in the butt
I have very little idea about software etc.
Can we run all general programs & trading softwares mentioned as made for Windows by installing the mentioned linux software in external hard disk ?

pannet1

I have very little idea about software etc.
Can we run all general programs & trading softwares mentioned as made for Windows by installing the mentioned linux software in external hard disk ?
Kumar,

Yes, All kinds of software. I ran Metatrader without any glich. The same may not be true with other trading software. Theoretically its possible because the program (WINE) does not care which windows software. But if you have a large user base already using it, its easy to get help.

Its totally a different world. Small useful programs without the adware, malware, virus. You can only believe if you use it.

check out how it looks here. You could also run it from windows with virtualbox.

NB: If you are using browser based trading software then its piece of cake. Even if is Internet explorer you can run it with Wine on top of Linux.