Is this trading system worth taking live??

Hi,

This is a little off topic, my apologies in advance.

For the past couple of years I have been using free charts available on the web (Google, ET, Stockcharts etc.). Next, I'd like to buy some trading s/w next so that I can backtest ideas.

Can you advise me on Amibroker - costs, onetime/recurring charges, ease of testing (I'm not a techie) etc.

While I have gone through their website, it is still quite confusing. Is there any contact no. in India to get additional details?

I'll be using it only for EOD trades..

Any help would be great!

Thank you.
I suggest you download Amibroker free version and start tinkering around with it. I found this website very helpful for amibroker lessons "asx market watch dot com".

Amibroker has its own programming language so you will have to learn bit of it to backtest your basic strategies. I personally find EOD strategies quite risky (personal opinion not looking to start a debate :)) but few helpful ppl have shared data so you can check which timeframe you like the most and not restrict yourself to EOD just due to lack of data.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Dear users,

I would like to share the statistics details of an Intraday system that i recently developed for Nifty. I have just completed the back testing, yet to start paper trading. Its a trend following system, doesn't trade on all days. Have Incorporated initial fixed stop loss of 30 points. The back tested data is from Jan 2008 to till date.

Am more of a Nifty positional trader, never used to trade with intraday systems. So tried my best to develop a intraday system for Nifty that suits my trading psychology.

It would be great, If you guys can look into the stats, and provide your feedback about the system.

Statistics:

Equity Curve:

Drawdown:

As this thread is already discussing about a system, i did not want to start a separate thread for my discussion. So posting it here.

NJ23

Dear users,

I would like to share the statistics details of an Intraday system that i recently developed for Nifty. I have just completed the back testing, yet to start paper trading. Its a trend following system, doesn't trade on all days. Have Incorporated initial fixed stop loss of 30 points. The back tested data is from Jan 2008 to till date.

Am more of a Nifty positional trader, never used to trade with intraday systems. So tried my best to develop a intraday system for Nifty that suits my trading psychology.

It would be great, If you guys can look into the stats, and provide your feedback about the system.

Statistics:

Equity Curve:

Drawdown:

As this thread is already discussing about a system, i did not want to start a separate thread for my discussion. So posting it here.

No transaction costs considered? Won't affect much, but would give a clearer picture. Looks good, though.

monkeybusiness

Hi,

This is a little off topic, my apologies in advance.

For the past couple of years I have been using free charts available on the web (Google, ET, Stockcharts etc.). Next, I'd like to buy some trading s/w next so that I can backtest ideas.

Can you advise me on Amibroker - costs, onetime/recurring charges, ease of testing (I'm not a techie) etc.

While I have gone through their website, it is still quite confusing. Is there any contact no. in India to get additional details?

I'll be using it only for EOD trades..

Any help would be great!

Thank you.
For only EOD, chartnexus is good, data for two years is free. every day around 6.30 software will update EOD data for nse/Bse automatically.

DSM

Cubt,

One question - You have not mentioned the time frame used to generate signal. Is it 5M? 10M? 15M? That is not clear. Having said that, note that the profitable trade is held for an average of 11.50 bars for an @ profit of 3,201 - which will seem to be excessive if it is for a period of 5M.... while may be possible for a longer intraday TF duration. Just my view.

Dear users,

Statistics:

Equity Curve:

Drawdown:

mechtrader

Dear users,

Statistics:

Equity Curve:

Drawdown:

Those are some good stats.:thumb::thumb:

MT

mastermind007

mechtrader

It is completely meaningless to provide a back testing statistics of a strategy and ask question about its viability.

Anyone who has programmed few strategies will tell you that it is relatively simple task to create a strategy that produces almost picture perfect statistics and jaw dropping profit curves.

It is perfectly possible to write a strategy that never ever loses on any trade during back testing in any language. Only when a strategy is actually put into the market in real time trading, losses will start appearing ...