Is the volume of block deals/bulk deals added to EOD data?

bunny

Hi guys,

Please let me know if volume of block deals and bulk deals is added to the EOD data?

For ex: If there is a block deal in RELIANCE counter(NSE) of 10 lac shares, and no of shares traded in open market is 5 lacs, will the EOD volume be reported as 15 lacs or 5 lacs in the NSE EOD bhavcopy?

Thank you,
-Bunny.

Hi guys,

Please let me know if volume of block deals and bulk deals is added to the EOD data?

For ex: If there is a block deal in RELIANCE counter(NSE) of 10 lac shares, and no of shares traded in open market is 5 lacs, will the EOD volume be reported as 15 lacs or 5 lacs in the NSE EOD bhavcopy?

Thank you,
-Bunny.
r u saying the the block deal is not routed through exchange?

SwingKing

Hi guys,

Thank you,
-Bunny.
Block deals volume and Bulk deal volume is added.

Refer to Trading and Exchanges by Larry Harris

Tc

Last edited:

trader.trends

If I remember correctly the big deals are put through in pre market time and added to volume at opening. This is to prevent distortion of price and volume during trading hours. So instead of saying they are added at EOD, the better is to say they are added in opening hours.

Would like a confirmation though.