Is NSE EOD data reliable ???

Dear All,

I found a strange problem while downloading NSE EOD for the year 2000, specifically for the following dates :-
10-Jan-2000
23-Feb-2000
30-Mar-2000

The header row is repeated many times in all these files.
And the rows following subsequent headers are seems to be duplicate.

Anybody noticed this before? What is the solution?
Do we have any other reliable source?

Regards
Siva

Last edited:

murthymsr

sivavkm said:
Dear All,

I found a strange problem while downloading NSE EOD for the year 2000, specifically for the following dates :-
1-Jan-2000
23-Feb-2000
30-Mar-2000

The header row is repeated many times in all these files.
And the rows following subsequent headers are seems to be duplicate.

Anybody noticed this before? What is the solution?
Do we have any other reliable source?

Regards
Siva
dear siva,
the problem experienced and reported by you is very interesting. i just downloaded these files and my observations are:

1) 01-01-2000 is saturday. are you sure that some special trading was conducted on that day? it was a saturday and no file was found. NSE insists that all leading zeros are keyed-in, otherwise, you get a message to stricly follow the format.

2) 23-02-2000 & 30-03-2000: i just now downloaded and the data is as expected and without any abnormalities, reported by you.

3) the date is to be entered in dd-mm-yyyy with leading zeros and the month as a numeral.

now i am :confused: and helpless. if you could find out what went wrong, it will help all.

all the best.
MurthyMSR

murthymsr said:
dear siva,
the problem experienced and reported by you is very interesting. i just downloaded these files and my observations are:

1) 01-01-2000 is saturday. are you sure that some special trading was conducted on that day? it was a saturday and no file was found. NSE insists that all leading zeros are keyed-in, otherwise, you get a message to stricly follow the format.

2) 23-02-2000 & 30-03-2000: i just now downloaded and the data is as expected and without any abnormalities, reported by you.

3) the date is to be entered in dd-mm-yyyy with leading zeros and the month as a numeral.

now i am :confused: and helpless. if you could find out what went wrong, it will help all.

all the best.
MurthyMSR
Thank you murthymsr,

I found out that the culprit was my office proxy server cache. Instead of giving a 83kb file for the date of 10-Jan-2000, it was giving me a 239kb file :eek: , with 3 header lines. Still i am getting the same 239kb file, on all subsequent attempts... I have no idea how to bypass this cache (isaserver) :confused:

Thanks & Regards
Siva