Is NSE 50 Nifty ready for nose dive?

Mr. Greenspan hath spoken. Short term interest rates hiked by 25bps to 3%. The Fed has maintained its "measured" pace will continue. This could mean that foreign money may not leave the country in a hurry. Maybe a short-term rally is in place now.

Dear Ivan,
Thanks a lot for this wonderful timely news.All ur analysis r A++.Keep it up pal.
All ur explanations in all the different threads r really superb.U r really living up to the philosophy of Open source project.
Regards,
joy_mitali

Nice short term rally........good call Ivanboesky!

Dear members,
I thought i will share my views in this thread. As i can see now NIFTY is still bearish in the medium term but this is a small technical correction where nifty my touch upto 2036 levels and retrace down. My indication for market sentiment is the futures market which is evident nifty may futures is at 12 points discount currenty as per 9th may close. Also the volumes traded are low, a bullish friend of mine told me investors are waiting for nifty to cross 1985 then the volumes will increase, i agree with him cos the volumes have steadily increased by 3 to 4% until nifty closed at 2003 on 9th may. Which i dont see as a good bullish trend.
Please comment on my opinion
Regards
Ram

Hello Ivan ,Joy Saint geear,

Thanks for ur detailing, if v go to basic, the need is

Volumes,
Results.
Sector trigger, such as metals week,pharma down with vat wind,crude still danger level,
Leader to announce liberal bonous Reliance ,Infoysis, TISCO, SBI etc
Revaluations with respect of yesteryear are v positive and are moving positive .
NIFT at 1985 level is important but sutain 2007 in volume then it shall move in higherzone.
With regards,
Ursnks
www. Nksagar.com

Re: Is Nifty ready for nose dive?

Traderji said:
Second Possibility
The Nifty bounces back UP from the 1900 level.
This would confirm a sideways trading range for the Nifty and the likely target would be a 38% or 50 % retracement level which works out to be 2006 and 2039 levels.
Thanks great Traderji sir you analysis was right on target! The market turned from 2007!

Dear Forum,
Kindly note nifty is heading for a nose dive and may not breach the 1886 levels, watchout on the day of tisco results it may pull the index up. Basic reasons are Volumes are still low, heavy weights like tcs, reliance etc are traded in discount in futures and also the general sentiment of the traders seems to be bearish.
Watch out and make profits
Regds
Ram

Just picked this up from cnn money...

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Stock losses accelerated Tuesday as investors worried about a slowing economy and rumors of big losses at a major hedge fund.

Nasdaq down 20 and Dow down 110... hope this hedge fund is nothing like LTCM... or that its got any of its money in India.