Is Nifty - Bullish, Bearish or Neutral ?

TradeOptions

Hello Friends

I have attached an excel sheet which has one year data for Nifty and a few other stocks.

I am trying to figure out a method by which I can classify each day for Nifty and other stocks, into one of these 3 categories "based on the Price % Change that happened in Nifty on that day". -
Bullish
Bearish
Neutral

I am not sure about which criteria to use for doing this. The most basic method would be to label as follows - If price is greater then zero then bullish, if smaller then zero then bearish, and if equal to zero then neutral.

But I want to make the NEUTRAL RANGE a bit larger, and only when the price is above and below that neutral range, then it should get labelled as Bullish or Bearish respectively. A 2 % up move would qualify as a bullish move for Nifty, but it might qualify as neutral for some other stock like JPASSOCIAT or HDIL, as you can clearly see in the excel sheet.

Could someone please suggest some ideas, regarding how to define the neutral zone "and bullish/bearish zone" for each stock, so that it makes sense.

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

Excel Sheet - https://www.sendspace.com/file/2d9k9z

DSM

Consider break of weekly High/Low.... Use volume as second filter. If stock is trading within the weekly range of High/Low, consider it sideways/volatile. This is just a suggestion though....

Hello Friends

I have attached an excel sheet which has one year data for Nifty and a few other stocks.

I am trying to figure out a method by which I can classify each day for Nifty and other stocks, into one of these 3 categories "based on the Price % Change that happened in Nifty on that day". -
Bullish
Bearish
Neutral

I am not sure about which criteria to use for doing this. The most basic method would be to label as follows - If price is greater then zero then bullish, if smaller then zero then bearish, and if equal to zero then neutral.

But I want to make the NEUTRAL RANGE a bit larger, and only when the price is above and below that neutral range, then it should get labelled as Bullish or Bearish respectively. A 2 % up move would qualify as a bullish move for Nifty, but it might qualify as neutral for some other stock like JPASSOCIAT or HDIL, as you can clearly see in the excel sheet.

Could someone please suggest some ideas, regarding how to define the neutral zone "and bullish/bearish zone" for each stock, so that it makes sense.

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

Excel Sheet - https://www.sendspace.com/file/2d9k9z