Is it possible to predict a flat day for Nifty ?

Giraffe

Its very easy:
Every day is a flat day by default, unless it's trending....:lol:

Instead of finding a flat day, its better to find the trending movement. Everything else is flat for all practical purposes.......:D:D

P.S.: Should track Nifty Futures volume. Low volume- flat (Big money not trading, just relaxing on the sidelines and letting the kids play). Big Volume- Trending.

mangup

After a strong trending day, next day the market has to continue its trend or it goes sideways for consolidation / distribution. If the market after open, does not waste much time and starts in the direction of the trend, then it is a continuation day. But if market spends too much time or opens gap down after a strong close or takes a large dip, then trend continuation is almost ruled out. Day next to trend day is generally a sideways day and the trend continues on day after the sideways day.

I have found that if market comes down by 0.35 R ( that means if the daily range is 100 points and market dips 35 points from the open) , then trend day possibility is almost ruled out.

These are the general guidelines. There are exceptions to the rules.

Smart_trade

I searched for the facility to bookmark (Follow) a particular user in TJ but unable to find such. ST da usually mark his presence in most of the threads by sharing his precious experience like this. How can i follow his & others' post?

mastermind007

Mastermind

Please guide on how this can be done.

Amit
Rule#1
If NIFTY F1 volume does cross 10 lakhs in first 15 minutes, it is likely to be flat day. If H - O or O - L is above 18 in same time frame on Nifty spot, market will develop flat after a small rise or a drop

Rule#2
If any day moved more than 80 points (net gained or net loss) in one trading session, next day will be sideways 80 to 90% of the time

Rule#3
If all TV analysts are sounding overly bullish or overly bearish, market will be flat. (This one is not mine: It is one old fella in my building who told me this. I do not even have TV in my trading room)

Last edited:

amitrandive

Rule#1
If NIFTY F1 volume does cross 10 lakhs in first 15 minutes, it is likely to be flat day. If H - O or O - L is above 18 in same time frame on Nifty spot, market will develop flat after a small rise or a drop

Rule#2
If any day moved more than 80 points (net gained or net loss) in one trading session, next day will be sideways 80 to 90% of the time

Rule#3
If all TV analysts are sounding overly bullish or overly bearish, market will be flat. (This one is not mine: It is one old fella in my building who told me this. I do not even have TV in my trading room)
Mastermind

Thanks for the fantastic feed back !!!
The last one is the best and the most practical contrarian indicator
!!!:clapping:

amitrandive

After a strong trending day, next day the market has to continue its trend or it goes sideways for consolidation / distribution. If the market after open, does not waste much time and starts in the direction of the trend, then it is a continuation day. But if market spends too much time or opens gap down after a strong close or takes a large dip, then trend continuation is almost ruled out. Day next to trend day is generally a sideways day and the trend continues on day after the sideways day.

I have found that if market comes down by 0.35 R ( that means if the daily range is 100 points and market dips 35 points from the open) , then trend day possibility is almost ruled out.

These are the general guidelines. There are exceptions to the rules.

Smart_trade
Smart_trade

Thanks for your valuable input.:clap::thumb:

Amit