Is it better to invest in mutual fund directly rather than through an agent?

Out of the two ways as mentioned in the question, which one is better in terms of gain? Does investing through an agent (with certain ARN) reduce return due to certain amount paid to the agent (by the fund house) through commission? I read something like this in a website but I have doubt.

milind

Out of the two ways as mentioned in the question, which one is better in terms of gain? Does investing through an agent (with certain ARN) reduce return due to certain amount paid to the agent (by the fund house) through commission? I read something like this in a website but I have doubt.
Invest directly.

-- Milind

praveen taneja

Yes as Rajendra bro said it wont have an impact on ur investment either u invest direct or through an agent as in both case No entry load and on exit load in some funds that too same If someone know any advisor its better to take advice from him IF he is not taking any fee bcoz now SEBI allowed advisor to charge consultancy
Facts given on ne are often misleading like person can know how much growth fund gave but he dont know what other hings to check like sector fund investing and how much fund it controlled and who is fund manager etc

Yeah I have heared same as Praveen taneja. If you are getting the help of an agent it would be better to discuss before investing. Here, I would like to say that, investing directly may not have any discussion with right person( who is going to get monetary benefit from AMC) .

Although investing in Mutual Funds, through a agent is hassle free, and you need not to bother much about your documentation process, but beware of the advice of agent, sometime for the sake of earning commission from AMCs they push their products/Mutual Funds to investors, which may not suit to your requirements, or may be will not give returns as you expect.
Look for a reputed unbiased, independent Mutual Fund adviser, who can take care of your investments/documentation also.