Is it advisable to sell at intraday high and buy at intraday low?

sumosanammain

Hi all,

This question i had asked was way back in sep 2011. When i read that question again right now, i can really say that it was a DUMB Question. I was beginner then. Yes catching top and bottom is a myth.
Dear asnavale has given the perfect answer for this question.

Intraday trading is all about catching the trend.
Its NOT a dumb question. If you know the ATR of the scrip in the past few bars, and have backtested the scrip for a few years, and know that it consistently turns from 3 ATR,( or 2 ATR of 5 ATR, whatever the backtest shows ) you can short a rising market ( Mind you not the high of the scrip ), with a predetermined stop. It can go a few points against you, and thenn turn, to give you a profit. See if it works on paper. Its a hugely tedious procedure, and can take months to study evn one company, so be prepared to spend screen time.

doss186

Hi all,

This question i had asked was way back in sep 2011. When i read that question again right now, i can really say that it was a DUMB Question. I was beginner then. Yes catching top and bottom is a myth.
Dear asnavale has given the perfect answer for this question.

Intraday trading is all about catching the trend.
One easy way to find if the stock is opening above Previous day high or below previous day low is to set ORB at previous day high and previous day low. If today's low (ORB Low, Redline) is above Prev day's high (ORB High, Green line), we are sure the stock is trading above previous day high, we can enter at open keeping prev high as stoploss.
MotherSumi_09_Aug_19.jpg

asnavale

Can you explain this more clearly ? What is the dotted line and how do you use it ? How have you arrived at Buy, Sell and cover prices ?

-Anant

asnavale

But the chart is posted with your name. So, I asked.

-Anant

Any high whether intraday or even a 1 minute high will be known only after it is over and the next price is lower. So, intraday high will be known after the whole day's trading is completed. Similar is the case with intraday low. Therefore, no indicator can tell you what is intraday high/low. If such an indicator exists, then everybody would wait to buy at intraday low and sell at day's high. In that case no trading will take place as every body is waiting to get the required price and no selling/buying takes place. Just imagine, you want to buy the newest car. Can you do it? The moment you purchase it the next car produced is the newest car. Think over it logically.

-Anant
Sir .. the principle applies to swing too and long term also. then why people predicting ?