TCIFINANCE
TFL
TNTELE
TODAYS
UNIVCABLES
VISESHINFO
VISUINTL
WINSOMYARN

I checked with NSE and Desitradermall and at both places I get OI other than Zero. Could some one explain the same. Rest of stocks seem ok, so why these stocks?

Thanks in Advance

murthymsr

Am getting Zero OI for the following stocks,

ABHISHEK

I checked with NSE and Desitradermall and at both places I get OI other than Zero. Could some one explain the same. Rest of stocks seem ok, so why these stocks?

Thanks in Advance
The stocks appears to be belonging to BE series.

At NSE site, against %deliverable quantity for ABHISHEK only a '-' (dash) is shown.

I could not guess from where you got OI for ABHISHEK !

May be same case with all other stocks too !

murthymsr

Last two trading sessions were very bad and attributed to liquidity for Coal India IPO.

How will be the coming Monday and the week. I feel Infosys posted good results but market had not shown the reward. Can anyone answer their views please.

The stocks appears to be belonging to BE series.

At NSE site, against %deliverable quantity for ABHISHEK only a '-' (dash) is shown.

I could not guess from where you got OI for ABHISHEK !

May be same case with all other stocks too !

murthymsr
In BE, (which is Trade to Trade), all Volumes are meant for Delivery. Tried to verify again.

On NSE site, you are correct, it seems to give -. Does that mean that for all BE stocks which are huge in number, there is not a single delivery taking place?

In DesiTraderMall data, Volume = OI for BE stocks which I feel is the correct thing since once sold, a stock has to be delivered or it goes for Auction.

Am using Bhavcopy, but if the logic of the program is wrong, it would make little sense since OI forms a big part when looking for stocks that are in accumulation / distribution ranges.

murthymsr

In BE, (which is Trade to Trade), all Volumes are meant for Delivery. Tried to verify again.

On NSE site, you are correct, it seems to give -. Does that mean that for all BE stocks which are huge in number, there is not a single delivery taking place?
In NSE '-' may be interpreted as 100%. This convention followed by NSE is funny and not logical.

In DesiTraderMall data, Volume = OI for BE stocks which I feel is the correct thing since once sold, a stock has to be delivered or it goes for Auction.
This is a more logical interpretation.

Am using Bhavcopy, but if the logic of the program is wrong, it would make little sense since OI forms a big part when looking for stocks that are in accumulation / distribution ranges.
By BhavCopy, I hope you mean the GetBhavCopy EOD downloader developed by hemen. This SW appears to be interpreting the '-' of NSEindia as 'zero', which again is not correct.

Of Course my interests do not cover BE stocks, and I just checked them after you raised this issue.

You may present your observation in GBC thread of Traderji and may be also at the GBC web site.

Regards.

murthymsr