Is earning 2000 daily enough........ But theres a prob????????

HOWS EARNING 2000 DAILY FOR INTRADAY TRADER??

• EXCELLENT

Votes: 248 34.7%
  • GOOD

Votes: 230 32.2%
  • REASONABLE

Votes: 140 19.6%
  • LESS

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters

bunny

@ OP
Rs. 2000 might be a bad/excellent amount depending upon the amount you risked it earn it.
If you risked Rs. 10K, its a good thing, but if you risked Rs. 1 lac, then its low and you can do better.

Has anybody heard of 1700% + return in month before? I never even imagined it until today, but its a reality, at IBFX(forex broker) every month they have a contest for top performers, and they track the traders who register for the contest. It may be hard to believe but in november 2008 the top performer gained 1708% in just one month and dats not it every month the top performer averages 500-600%. All i can say is sky is the limit.
Is it realy money involved or just contest.
If he earns in real money , then he can become easily a trillionaire and beat single handedly all the top 10 billionaires in the world.
Just calculate the 500% of for and amount of Rs10000 amount for 10 years and
see where he stands. It is not practical in real money.

Has anybody heard of 1700% + return in month before? I never even imagined it until today, but its a reality, at IBFX(forex broker) every month they have a contest for top performers, and they track the traders who register for the contest. It may be hard to believe but in november 2008 the top performer gained 1708% in just one month and dats not it every month the top performer averages 500-600%. All i can say is sky is the limit.
I think it is possible in forex because of highleverage and i doubt whether the winners in one month, perform the same in the next successive months. may be because of pure luck and using full leverage.I am sure the winners in one month may also lose their capital in successive months.What important here is consistency.

My average return is 3% per month for the last 12 months. Earned around 40% per year . Is this average good . Can some one comment on this. I am not an aggresive option trader. I made profit by selling short straddle only. properly managed risk , reward, money and position size also adjusted short straddle following the market. I never bought calls and puts.
Can anyone tell me is this strategy is good. Can someone tell me what isthe average return of professional traders. I think they make 100 to 300 % on annual basis. Should I try something more .Please comment
3% per month is not a bad retrun provided it is afterdeducting all ur expenses.

mind u, the top performers are making 1700% per month bcoz its a mini account ( $250 ) .

To use the same leverage in a huge account like $10,000 + , you will only be turned into a nervous wreck .

Is it realy money involved or just contest.

yes real money is involved with a minimum of $250. another hard truth is that in the same contest every month where winners are winning with 500%+ profit some traders lose almost 100% of their equity.
now here its our personality we wnna take it as "glass half full" or " half empty"

Last edited:

ash.paul

Robin, read the advice from rajatheroyal, he has perfectly hit the nail in right place. If I say on a $100 account I averaged nearly 500 pips a month with $5 per pip then I made $2500 ie 2500% returns.. how does it sounds wow!! isnt it? No, no because the very first trade I took was having a position size of 50,000 ie 500 times leverage and if this trade goes wrong against me I would have wiped my 100% of my account balance even with a stoploss of 20 pips ( very normal). Hey I dont have any money left to take my next shot but who cares $100 is nothing for me. what I am trying to say is I have already accepted the risk and responsibility of loosing that amount. But if my account size was say $100,000, i will never risk more than 1% of it i.e $100 on a single trade. thats what my risk appetite is..
So, for argument sake any one can make this type of return, I myself have made it but have lost it whole in one single trade. No one should especially newbies focus on return prespective, I am afraid that is not this business about, everyone should develop the skills to survive in the business, to achieve consistency for a long period of time.
Every trade is having an outcome of win or loss, even the best best trade can go in loss.. to understand what is a best trade you must trade with your own edge for a period of time and soon you will realize which are those specific trades having a high wining probabilities. High probability of winning also means there is a leeway for loss.. take that into account.

One more thing which I would like to add, newbies should only focus on number of points/pips/ticks we can make consistently even whilst demo trading not the precentage of money. Say to trade nifty futures then try to keep a record of how many points you can average every day/ every week/ every month/year... and for a certain period of time say 6mnths-1 years.. Believe it or not it will improve your trading by taking out the greed factor to a certain level as this approach was really helpful to me. The value of the points can be calculated based on your account size.

Last edited:
In my opinion it depends upon the amount of capital you have. If you have a capital of one lakh rupees, earning 1000 to rs 2000 is very good. But if the capital is one cr, then its miserly.

whenever we go for higher yields the following problems occur:
1. the trader starts the day with tension that i have to earn this much
2. when you start the day in tension, you are bound to take risky positions
3. whenever you are looking for bigger profit, sometimes you are in a good position. but you dont book it because you are looking for a few points more. and wham the market bounces against you and whatever profit was there , that is also lost. this makes you frustrated, which is the last thing a trader should have.
4. as for as i am concerned I look for a profit of 1% per day, i book small profits, and once my target is achieved i quit for the day. this gives me the time to study the market better and anticipate the markets next move. remember patience is the tool which every trader must have. once i have made my small profit, i am very confident about trading and the markets and feel happy instead of being frustrated.

5. the more the bigger move you wait for the more the chances of failure. the market never shows what its next move is going to be. for that patience is a must only then we can make our move with the big boys and not against them. also remember market is not there like behati ganga , where anyone can make money. its the game of the best brains. hence i believe in small moves and compounding of interest, whereas my money makes eight percent in bank, i take a cool 250 percent per annum. i dont think its bad at all.

earlier whenever i tried to make around ten percent a day, i lost all my money and my my mental peace also. i was a nervous wreck. on the contrary iam confident about myself and the markets also.

suresh shanmugham

Not a bad deal at all. If it is consistent for at least 15 trading sessions but that really counts on the margin or the exposure to the day.

------------------------------------------------------
amolkant

ash.paul

5. the more the bigger move you wait for the more the chances of failure. the market never shows what its next move is going to be. .

suresh shanmugham
Dear, Market or price is the only one which shows what will be its more likely move.. If you say it doesnt then how can you even take your first trade, if you then say you were lucky and made your first 1% for the day then you are completely mistaken. same as flipping a coin has got 2 outcomes either head and tail, if luck favours u may get series of head if your bet as on head viceversa but eventually you will get a 50% probability of head vs tails according to probabilty in a long series. What I am trying to say is you have 50-50 chances of loss in the market in general if moneymanagement part is ignored but develop an edge which includes MM and see you will be the next person to pull money out of the market and with some losses as part of the business but less than ur profits.