Is Daytrading dangerous?

I think definitely, if you don't have experience and reasonable knowledge.
That's right. Day trading requires good level of skills and knowledge, without which there's no success. People enter the market without even knowing the abc about it, which is very wrong if seen from a longer perspective.

newtrader101

People read through the acclaimed trading books. Most of them are boring because they repeat the same principles. However either you've to sit and think deeply and try to experience what they mean, or you've to test them out on a live account and get the experience first hand.
Nobody would hire a person to build a house because they've read a book on house building right? Would you?

niftyoption

with out proper back tested good day trading system is like " Ice Skating " to participate competition with out any skill in that ..... Fact is very few traders doing back test several dimensions and make good money management ... remaining all Para jumping with out proper para jut .....

AJK

I now believe all small time frame trading like correction trading, pull back trading, counter trend trading etc without looking at the real underlying trend are just speculations and dangerous like gambling. Trading with an investment mindset, on good stock, in the direction of trend, i think is real business, be it short-term or long-term.

pannet1

I now believe all small time frame trading like correction trading, pull back trading, counter trend trading etc without looking at the real underlying trend are just speculations and dangerous like gambling. Trading with an investment mindset, on good stock, in the direction of trend, i think is real business, be it short-term or long-term.
not meant to offend you.

many traded in YESBANK with an investment mindset, now the question is for how long can you stay invested and how long can you continue to invest.

good stock, tell me how to find one.

direction of the trend is changing in the higher time frame to0. to make it worst only few stocks are going up always and hence looks overvalued. we can't take a short position on a stock for long term without F&O unless you hold it.

some wise man said, investors are the biggest risk takers, because they only have targets and no stop.

AJK

not meant to offend you.

many traded in YESBANK with an investment mindset, now the question is for how long can you stay invested and how long can you continue to invest.

good stock, tell me how to find one.

direction of the trend is changing in the higher time frame to0. to make it worst only few stocks are going up always and hence looks overvalued. we can't take a short position on a stock for long term without F&O unless you hold it.

some wise man said, investors are the biggest risk takers, because they only have targets and no stop.
What i meant is taking a position in 5 min time frame for an RSI pullback or even a crossover in intraday while stock is continuously falling in 30 and hourly time frame is dangerous. Mostly what beginners do is they'd only view the lower time frames, because all the YouTube gurus reveal only that, saying "I'm feeling from here the stock would go up. or down.." or "buy here for a target little over there." I've been a prey on my initial days, and i believed them so much because they talk so nicely and show you their profits to motivate you, but won't tell you their true strategy until you pay them.

Many seniors here in traderji have thoughtfully shared how to trade in the smaller time frame in the direction of higher time frame, and how to find good/growth stocks - in which if you manage your position size and capital sufficiently so that you can maintain overnight position, and you tade in the direction of higher TF, like growth stocks being rejected upwards from a support on 30, hourly or daily TF, then you know if not today, tomorrow the stock would go up and you may trail the SL. I know you are a senior here, for the beginner I'd say, trade small and trade less. Risk only small capital for a day.

Regarding Yes Bank, frankly i don't know when and where exactly the trouble started, because I didn't have position in it neither did intraday.. valuation of a stock on the market is always in the minds of different investors with different thoughts and strategies. Some may find it ideal at some valuation from their analysis and they choose to keep the position. Some may leave at some valuation as they may find below some valuation, stock is going to create a bad impression in top investors and they'd leave the position. It's all in mindset.. Even now, after the rescue by RBI, as per investors' if they find stock at attractive valuation for holding for a long time from now, they may invest and keep for years from this lowest valuation. Apart from the liabilities i think there's nothing too bad for a business in Yes Bank in my personal view, but again the valuation is always in minds. Even if few investors find it attractive and take huge delivery, the valuation and demand would skyrocket..

Glad you asked. This is not a gyan bhashan, but just sharing my thoughts. I can be wrong being a mere mortal.

Last edited:
We all have our trading time preferences. There are some that prefer day trading and others prefer night trading. Honestly I do not see anything wrong with it. It is you that decides when you want to trade. Also we are not all in the same time zone. Depending on the trading platform there are some traders that are in the night and others are in the day.

For you to ask this then it means that someone has told you that daytrading is dangerous or you have read it in soe of the threads. i cannot tell you for sure if it is dangerous or not becsuse that is my perspective and not yours. Just because some people find it to be very dangerous does not ean that iet will be dangerous to everyone.

I am afraid that it all coes down to you. You cannot depend on peoples advice on things like that. Why do I say this you may ask. The first reaso is because you are your pwn person. We are all unique in our own way. What works for you may not necessaruly work for a nother person. I hope you get my point. Try daytrading and find out if it is dangerous on your own.