Is Daytrading dangerous?

I suppose it will be very hard to find a universal reply to this question. It depends on who you are asking and how their personal experience has been as a day-trader.
Exactly. Better try your hand at it once and decide for yourself, but ensure that you have knowledge about it and some experience as a trader.
The failure rate at day trading is high so got to be really careful.

stoch

Day trading is dangerous because it requires from a trader to make a lot of trading decisions in a day - to open, manage and close positions. It's easy to cross the market where the trader starts to make mistakes (for example because he is tired or took too much stress) and he doesn't notice it. Hence strict money management is necessary for day trading.

Day trading is dangerous because it requires from a trader to make a lot of trading decisions in a day - to open, manage and close positions. It's easy to cross the market where the trader starts to make mistakes (for example because he is tired or took too much stress) and he doesn't notice it. Hence strict money management is necessary for day trading.
Exactly.
Day trading requires quick decisions and for making decisions, in-depth knowledge of the market is required.

Day trading is not dangerous if you have a clear idea of how to use technical analysis. I think this is the most important factor for those who all do intraday. I do intraday trading for 4 - 5 hours daily.

newtrader101

Do you recommend any broker in particular?
For me 1)Finvasia, Sharekhan, Zerodha, Samco seen fine in that order
Now only Sharekhan. The lesser ...
Points in favour of Finvasia:
The zero brokerage makes it possible to actually make profit on small movements.
Courteous customer care.
Problem: Can't modify BO.

Last edited: