Is anyone trading Saint's intraday miniflow mehod?

Hi

Recently I was going through Saints intraday miniflow and wondered if anyone is trading the same.
I backtested it for one stock for one year, and it gave me a hitrate of 50%, although Cumulative profits were good. It looks kind of difficult to trade in realtime with that low a hitrate.
Basically looking for people who actively participated in that thread or who traded that strategy for sometime to discuss the pitfalls.

Regards

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi

Recently I was going through Saints intraday miniflow and wondered if anyone is trading the same.
I backtested it for one stock for one year, and it gave me a hitrate of 50%, although Cumulative profits were good. It looks kind of difficult to trade in realtime with that low a hitrate.
Basically looking for people who actively participated in that thread or who traded that strategy for sometime to discuss the pitfalls.

Regards
Believe me Big fund houses would love to have an hit ratio of 50%.One need to understand that having a high Hit ratio alone is not a sign of good trading system.
Some good trading systems have an Hit ratio of 40%.
If your Hit ratio is 50% However if every trade you take has a Risk reward of 1:2 or 1:3.You will be profitable in the long run.
You need to balance the Hit ratio with your risk reward.

Your historical winrate Minimum reward:risk ratio is below

25% - 1:3
33%- 2:1
40% - 1.5:1
50% - 1:1
60% - 0.7:1
75% - 0.3:1

Source : https://www.tradeciety.com/how-to-use-reward-risk-ratio-guide/

Believe me Big fund houses would love to have an hit ratio of 50%.One need to understand that having a high Hit ratio alone is not a sign of good trading system.
Some good trading systems have an Hit ratio of 40%.
If your Hit ratio is 50% However if every trade you take has a Risk reward of 1:2 or 1:3.You will be profitable in the long run.
You need to balance the Hit ratio with your risk reward.

Your historical winrate Minimum reward:risk ratio is below

25% - 1:3
33%- 2:1
40% - 1.5:1
50% - 1:1
60% - 0.7:1
75% - 0.3:1

Source : https://www.tradeciety.com/how-to-use-reward-risk-ratio-guide/
Thanks Sanju
Only issue I find in low hitrate is drawdowns... They can ruin the psyche.

onequorauser

post this question in any of the active and busy ongoing threads. I will suggest you to google this as well. There are videos on youtube which are in line with your question.

Seniors, anyone trading or who have traded this method in past, please reply/PM...
Many here must be trading a method which is a base for Miniflow.....but the method has undergone many changes to suit the trading styles of the traders and the changing market conditions.

Smart_trade

Seniors, anyone trading or who have traded this method in past, please reply/PM...
Many here must be trading a method which is a base for Miniflow.....but the method has undergone many changes to suit the trading styles of the traders and the changing market conditions.

Smart_trade
Thanks sir.

I wanted an idea about the actual hitrate people get with this method and typical average winner to average loser ratio of this method.
Also what kind of stocks it works better on?

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

Smart_trade
Thanks sir.

I wanted an idea about the actual hitrate people get with this method and typical average winner to average loser ratio of this method.
Also what kind of stocks it works better on?

Also since we are talking about tweaks, what are the typical drawback people face in this system that one needs to be wary if??

Thanks

This information you will have to find out by backtesting yourself. It also depends on whether the market is trending or sideways.It will work with any stock which trends well.

Smart_trade

Typical drawbacks are when the market is in sideways non trending phase, the trades dont yeild anything.....entry is on breakout which may be shortlived in a nontrending market.

Smart_trade