Is any independent/retail trader uses algo trading here?

I am reading about algo trading and I want to know whether an independent/retail trader can also do algo trading in india. What is the total amount (for broker fee, hardware fee etc) and materials(server, cpu etc) required to start an algo trading for such traders.

I am guessing that in US most of the retail traders uses algo trading whereas in india algo trading are carried out only by hedge funds like goldmen sachs and not by independent/retail trader . Am i right?

Can algo trading in india can be carried out in futures, options and commodity or algo can be only performed in stocks?

Last edited:

eku

I am reading about algo trading and I want to know whether an independent/retail trader can also do algo trading in india. What is the total amount (for broker fee, hardware fee etc) and materials(server, cpu etc) required to start an algo trading for such traders.

I am guessing that in US most of the retail traders uses algo trading whereas in india algo trading are carried out only by hedge funds like goldmen sachs and not by independent/retail trader . Am i right?

Can algo trading in india can be carried out in futures, options and commodity or algo can be only performed in stocks?
yes,algo trading can be carried out in f&O,commo,etc,but its not allowed for an independent/retail trader by NSE/SEBI regulations.Any automatic buy sell is assumed as a robot.

IF being an independent/retail trader you wish to trade algo,I can offer only one suggestion.

eku

no,not confusing you :)
Get those NCFM exam passed..get a License to Trade Algo,be a Timepass Broker..
Point is getting the licence-This way u can trade algo..even u can trade multiple accounts in a single terminal by the name of your father/mother/husband(if any),wife(if many) :D

I will do that in next 3-4yrs.