IP Conflict

DSM

Folks, I got this message on my laptop, and was wondering if it is a cause of concern.? Earlier in the day, I got a warning message, that the file you are downloading can be harmful for your computer. Do you want to save it.? The file was untitled, and I did not save it. The odd thing is that I had not downloaded anything. :(

BTW I am using a legal copy of McAfee Anti Virus and it is upto date.

Should I ignore this message, or I need to do something about it.? Any advise is appreciated.

Edit : My nephew was using another laptop, but on the same broadband.

jahan

Folks, I got this message on my laptop, and was wondering if it is a cause of concern.? Earlier in the day, I got a warning message, that the file you are downloading can be harmful for your computer. Do you want to save it.? The file was untitled, and I did not save it. The odd thing is that I had not downloaded anything. :(

Should I ignore this message, or I need to do something about it.? Any advise is appreciated.

Hello,

Just disable and re-enable the Network -Adapter(lan)

or simply restart your System......

Regards,

amsin21

Are you on static IP or on DHCP from the gateway router? This normally happens when the system is configured with a static ip and the same ip is assigned in the DHCP pool or in another system's ip.

Hi DSM

If your nephew is still a child, configure the settings on the computer according to that.

Here some ways you now can walk on in case you feel un safety after this message:

Update your McAfee, download "Antimalwarebytes" and update it. Download "Spybot-search and destroy" and update it. Now close your Internet connection.

Start with a "Boot-time scan" from McAfee.

After this is done you can run at the same time a full scan with admin privilege with "Spybot", "Antmalware" and McAfee and that should do the job.

If you still feel unsafe, I guess you have a backup copy of your system, which will take around 15 min to make the job to put your system to the level you received before that message.

Take care dear friend / Dan

DSM

Thank you dear Jahan, Amsin, Dan for your advise, it helped. You guys rock!

:clap::clap::clap: