Investing in market leaders

I burnt my fingers and capital investing in companies that had solid financial numbers.

Now I'm going to either invest in only the NIFTYBees or a portfolio of market leaders.

Market Leaders:
Page (quality underwear)
Dabur (FMCG)
Hindustan Unilver (FMCG)
GSKCons (FMCG)
Maruti (Low cost car market)
TTK Prestige (Cookware)
V-Guard (Stabilizers)

I want to pick the Apple and Amazon type leaders of India. The very best in their segment.

MSN1979

I burnt my fingers and capital investing in companies that had solid financial numbers.

Now I'm going to either invest in only the NIFTYBees or a portfolio of market leaders.

Market Leaders:
Page (quality underwear)
Dabur (FMCG)
Hindustan Unilver (FMCG)
GSKCons (FMCG)
TTK Prestige (Cookware)
V-Guard (Stabilizers)

I want to pick the Apple and Amazon type leaders of India. The very best in their segment.

Sir why would u like to invest in Nifty bees at these levels?

sabkaview

PHYSICAL SHARES consultation

Market Leaders:
Page (quality underwear)
Dabur (FMCG)
Hindustan Unilver (FMCG)
GSKCons (FMCG)
TTK Prestige (Cookware)
V-Guard (Stabilizers)

have you ever thought of most conservative management in the history of bse/nse : 3 M INDIA ltd ...normally such conservative management shares do give huge long term capital appreciation be it mrf ,shree cement ,page ,eicher motors ,bosch etc .

Investing in market leaders is a good starting point but is it good enough to select a company? Market leader doesn't mean that the company is in the right sector (to be the undisputed leader in a no future business is not great). Is the company well managed and the governance in good shape? Is the company enough profitable (To be a leader without being nicely profitable is an issue!)? Is the company share price in line with its growth rate or overvalued?
If the company is a market leader, in a promising sector, with good profitability, well managed including a solid corporate governance and not overpriced it is an obvious good investment! Now there are other options to invest!

I also prefer to invest in Market leaders because these are the only companies that can resist the ups and downs in the economy. Penny shares will give you faster returns but that companies show less resistance to the slippery economy. If you want to invest with the motive of earning high and keeping your principal safe then shake hands only with the market leaders

A market leader usually holds the largest market share in a particular industry. Market leaders may also be the first to develop certain products or services. Apple and Amazon are examples of market leaders.