Invest today and forget it for 25 years

ethan hunt

Penny stocks - the only place for crazy gains. Works as a lottery most of the times, because it's impossible to know which company will get an outburst in it stock value and which one will fall down to the bottom of the list..
Penny Stocks (bad mangement) - No.
If i remember correctly:
RIL was hovering around 100 during 2k IT boom.
BHEL was around 150
ICICI bank was 25 before merger with ICICI main
Infy was 11K
all before split / bonus /rights

None of them was a penny stock & look at the appreciation.

You can make money literally sleeping with correct stocks :lol:

Even Buffet made serious money after he was 50 years old.

Nothing beats seeing your portfolio gaining a few lakhs at the market close.

Last edited:
@Ethan hunt

Mr. Buffet was a pro by what he was doing for years and so that was one of the reasons he made such a lot of money even after 50. I think we not have to forget this very specific point. No critique to any of your posts in any way, but one of the facts we have to be clear about when comparing us with this master. :)

Take care / Dan :)

raul12

You are a pure fundamental investor.....recommend you to read "The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham". It'll certainly help you in understanding the approach to identifying sound companies for long term investment like considering Management capabilities, competitive advantages, cash flows, growth potential ,annual report interpretation, macro environment etc

lazytrader

To ride the commodity cycle moil and nmdc. Don't know abt 25 yes but good for 5yrs IMO.
Power and consumption related stocks will be a good buy - hul, PTC power has huge and interest from govt so you have watch regulations.

For 25 years I think 15% in goldbees and 85% in niftybees is safe bet.