Intuitions about trading .

rajsumi121

Hi to all TJ friends & seniors

I am starting this thread about intuitions . when we do research and real trading in spite of our technical setups we got some intuitions some times ...some people called it "gut feeling " . Some time our intuitions help us to make profit but some time our intuitions went wrong . I want to share my intuitions so I am starting this thread as well as I want to know about what other traders feel .

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

rajsumi121

Intuition one - when any commodity makes any low/high in 1st few hours or till 9 p.m. ....but after that in rest of the day trading near that high/low but fails 2 break that again till closing - so in that scenario My intuitions is - That point of high/low will break in next trading day .

ur view's ??

Last edited:

rajsumi121

1- when any commodity makes any low/high in 1st few hours or till 9 p.m. ....but after that in rest of the day trading near that high/low but fails 2 break that again till closing - so in that scenario My intuitions is - That point of high/low will break in next trading day .

ur view's ??
example 1 = crude made 6350 high on Friday but fails to break that after that even went to 6348 after 4-5 hours but hold 6350... today broke 6350 made new high - 6380 .

Now my intuition about 1 trade = crude made 6267 low on Friday .. after that hit 6275 between 4-5 but holds 6267 ..then hit 6278 between 8-9 but hold 6267 and 6275 ...it can break 6267 on Monday ..or even 6256 ( low of Thursday) .

I am felling that it's very foolish to share such nonsense things with you all....but why I sharing I really don't know .:clapping::clapping::):)

jagankris

example 1 = crude made 6350 high on Friday but fails to break that after that even went to 6348 after 4-5 hours but hold 6350... today broke 6350 made new high - 6380 .

Now my intuition about 1 trade = crude made 6267 low on Friday .. after that hit 6275 between 4-5 but holds 6267 ..then hit 6278 between 8-9 but hold 6267 and 6275 ...it can break 6267 on Monday ..or even 6256 ( low of Thursday) .

I am felling that it's very foolish to share such nonsense things with you all....but why I sharing I really don't know .:clapping::clapping::):)
Best trades are from intuitions in fact a leading indicator.

But at the same time false hope of the mind plays tricks.
If a trader clearly knows how to distinct between the both then nothing like that but that is the most difficult part.

augubhai

Intuition one - when any commodity makes any low/high in 1st few hours or till 9 p.m. ....but after that in rest of the day trading near that high/low but fails 2 break that again till closing - so in that scenario My intuitions is - That point of high/low will break in next trading day .

ur view's ??
How about getting this validated statistically? Easy if u have historical data.

Then we get facts (historical probablity), instead of gut feel and intuitions.

VJAY

Dear raj,
Thanks for sharing your intuition..:clapping: in my openion all traders use some kind intuition in their trading :)...when we live trading some patterns we see many times then start to apply those finding in live...imo thats intuition...but if started to get confidence in it then we make it an rule to our method....my views

Last edited:

sumosanammain

ur view's ??
This is not intuition :) Its called a trade setup that needs to be backtested extensively, and then either acted upon, or discarded if the data does not support the setup.

Intuition means... you are long in a trade, your stops are a few points away, and your system tells you to hold on, but you intuition says its gonna hit your SL. And then maybe it does not it or it doesnt. But THAT FEELING that the SL is going to hit and that this trade will be a looser is called intuition

augubhai

This is not intuition :) Its called a trade setup that needs to be backtested extensively, and then either acted upon, or discarded if the data does not support the setup.

Intuition means... you are long in a trade, your stops are a few points away, and your system tells you to hold on, but you intuition says its gonna hit your SL. And then maybe it does not it or it doesnt. But THAT FEELING that the SL is going to hit and that this trade will be a looser is called intuition
I have all sorts of feelings. My bear intuitions keep fighting my bull intuitions :rofl:

rajsumi121

How about getting this validated statistically? Easy if u have historical data.

Then we get facts (historical probablity), instead of gut feel and intuitions.
yes .. you are right .... what I post is historical pattern... which repeat continuously . .( according to my research ) .

rajsumi121

Best trades are from intuitions in fact a leading indicator.

But at the same time false hope of the mind plays tricks.
If a trader clearly knows how to distinct between the both then nothing like that but that is the most difficult part.
yes .. false hope of mind play big role with traders ... but I m trying to know ..which are the patters what market repeat continuously .....and this idea came from one of my belief " market always try to make trader fool "- this is my strongest belief about trading .