intro & query

Dear friends

I m devanand very much glad to be part of this forum, I m an sales professional working for an IT company.

I m very new to this trading and its related services. this made me join this group to discuss to know on facts about saving and securing my future.

First thing i would like to know :
I need term insurance plan :
1. suggest me best one
2. i m smoker for last 10 yrs i dont think i m going to stop this habit. how this is going will affect my claim settlement if something happens. will i get policy ? will it create any problem.

guide me

comm4300

term insurance from LIC.

mention that you are a smoker while filling in the form. Premium would increase.
smoking habit will not affect settlement, but needs to be mentioned at taking insurance. the cost of your habit is higher premium.

as long as you've declared everything honestly at filling form, claim settlement should not be an issue.

I would suggest you to look for term plan from Bharti-Axa. They are one of the leading life insurance providers of India. As mentioned above, you need to mention that you are a smoker. Generally the premium rates for non-smokers are less compared to smoker and this will not affect the claim settlement process in any way.

Hey Dev,

I have heard that premiums are lesser for non-smokers in case of term insurance either they are given discounts or else the smokers are charged little extra. The best term life insurance policy that I would recommend you is from Future Generali. This policy you can buy online which is an additional benefit that you get, another feature is that you need not give medical insurance in case your age is below 45 years and want a policy of less than 30 lacs. Get discounts if you are planning to pay the whole higher sum at one time.