Intraday Trading Using Gann Calculator

i guess this calculator has been designed to work with US markets....how do u use it for Indian markets?

do u personally trade using this calculator? if yes, u trade only NF or stocks as well?

plz provide ne write up for the calculator if available as its not all clear from the info given on the website.
Someone has provided gann calculator as an excel sheet in one of the preceding pages. Do check it out.

Hmm...regarding my trading strategy ..

There was a time when I blindly used to rely on the above-mentioned gann calculator. After all, the values predicted seemed too accurate. However, within a few days of using it...I began to realize something. When the gann sheet says "buy", the market will rally up to the so-called "buy" point and then falter.

For instance, the sheet will state buy at 3249. I noticed that the price will race up to 3249. And then the selling pressure will increase and the price will revert back to 3234 (the sell value i.e. if bought at 3249). This put me at a huge disadvantage. I would buy at 3249 and wait for the price to rise high. Ahh..stupidity at its best! :D

What if I had the prior knowledge that the market would falter at 3249? I began to think on those lines. Gann's calculations and the values listed in the excel sheet are very accurate. But, we always tend to join the rally at the wrong position.

There is a particular strategy called the Murrey Math. Try to find more about it. I am using it for my day trading. The thing about Murrey math is simple. We use gann values to predict when to buy and sell. Needless to state, the system strangely works. Now, I do not know whether I have found the holy grail or something like that - but, this particular strategy is helping me to pay my bills, even on these days when our markets are highly volatile.

And mind you - I am a strict mechanical trader. I hate the entire idea of immersing myself with thousands of so-called indicators in fancy charting software suites (no offense to the gurus over here). And please bear in mind that I am a total novice in the niche. I started learning just a few months back. Experimented with a whole lot of mechanical trading systems such as gann calculator, camarilla equations, fibonacci pivots, floor pivots etc etc before settling in on Murrey Math. Trust me when i say this - with the right strategy, day trading equities can be a fun filled activity.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,
Pls guide me, where should i get details on murrey math trading system.
regards,
sudeep
Someone has provided gann calculator as an excel sheet in one of the preceding pages. Do check it out.

Hmm...regarding my trading strategy ..

There was a time when I blindly used to rely on the above-mentioned gann calculator. After all, the values predicted seemed too accurate. However, within a few days of using it...I began to realize something. When the gann sheet says "buy", the market will rally up to the so-called "buy" point and then falter.

For instance, the sheet will state buy at 3249. I noticed that the price will race up to 3249. And then the selling pressure will increase and the price will revert back to 3234 (the sell value i.e. if bought at 3249). This put me at a huge disadvantage. I would buy at 3249 and wait for the price to rise high. Ahh..stupidity at its best! :D

What if I had the prior knowledge that the market would falter at 3249? I began to think on those lines. Gann's calculations and the values listed in the excel sheet are very accurate. But, we always tend to join the rally at the wrong position.

There is a particular strategy called the Murrey Math. Try to find more about it. I am using it for my day trading. The thing about Murrey math is simple. We use gann values to predict when to buy and sell. Needless to state, the system strangely works. Now, I do not know whether I have found the holy grail or something like that - but, this particular strategy is helping me to pay my bills, even on these days when our markets are highly volatile.

And mind you - I am a strict mechanical trader. I hate the entire idea of immersing myself with thousands of so-called indicators in fancy charting software suites (no offense to the gurus over here). And please bear in mind that I am a total novice in the niche. I started learning just a few months back. Experimented with a whole lot of mechanical trading systems such as gann calculator, camarilla equations, fibonacci pivots, floor pivots etc etc before settling in on Murrey Math. Trust me when i say this - with the right strategy, day trading equities can be a fun filled activity.

^^ I had created a custom excel sheet for my day trading purposes. I used the attached excel sheet to create mine. Credits go to the original developer.

I have also attached two documents which should help you learn how to use the levels to their maximum potentials.

Just as stated in one of the documents - This is like anything else - your return is directly proportional to the time and studying that you put in.

Read the documents carefully. You need to have a good understanding about the levels - like when to enter and when to exit. You will be able to gain only through experience. Everything revolves around the price.

Edit: I am in touch with certain so-called experts who have been trading with MM systems since 1999. I had asked them to verify the gannstuff.xls file. According to them, this is not the accurate form of implementation for MM.

Last edited:
Nifty Futures Profit for 13th oct 2010

Gann Calculator

The WAP / open price of Nifty Futures for today (between 9:10-9:15 am) was 6128.

After entering this price in Gann Calculator we get the below recommendations

Buy at / above: 6142.64 Targets: 6159.16 - 6178.79 - 6198.46 - 6218.15
Stoploss : 6123.06
Sell at / below: 6123.06 Targets: 6106.56 - 6087.04 - 6067.54 - 6048.08
Stoploss : 6142.64

Buy Triggered at 6142 at 10:07 am.

Target 1 : 6152 achieved at 10:14 am.
Target 2 : 6178 achieved at 10:40 am.
Target 3 : 6198 achieved at 11:20 am.
Target 4 : 6218 achieved at 12:25 pm.

And market still kept rocking.

Total Profit = 6218 - 6142 = 76 points.

Profit of 3500+ with one lot of Nifty.

would you be able to provide gann calculator you are using. because there are many

^^ I had created a custom excel sheet for my day trading purposes. I used the attached excel sheet to create mine. Credits go to the original developer.

I have also attached two documents which should help you learn how to use the levels to their maximum potentials.

Just as stated in one of the documents - This is like anything else - your return is directly proportional to the time and studying that you put in.

Read the documents carefully. You need to have a good understanding about the levels - like when to enter and when to exit. You will be able to gain only through experience. Everything revolves around the price.

hello praveenpious, could yu please show how to use murray math with your excel sheet,

advanced thanks.

Okay I will explain with an example.

The LTP of SBI now is 3116. Open up the gannstuff.xls excel sheet. Under the natural square calculator section, find the position of 3116. You will see that it lies in between 3136 and 3025. Enter the highest value (3136) at B6 (of the gannstuff.xls). Enter the lowest value (3025) at B14. You will see the rest of the values getting automatically filled up in the excel sheet.

The rest is entirely in your hands. Read those documents carefully to understand when to buy and when to sell. There are nine levels which offer varying resistance and support.

I repeat. Murrey math is not a crystal ball. But it does predict the values, which are accurate to a certain extent. Taming the underlying action of the price is an entirely different arena. I have experienced losses and profits while using this method. Sometimes, the market is very rogue and during such times it is wise to exit the market. Just as I had read while experimenting with camarilla equations, exit the market if you hit stop loss three times during a session. You are obviously out of the tune and hence, you will eventually loose more money on that day. Like they say...it is all about living up for the fight the next day.

Re: When is right time to use Gann Calculator

hello

Thanks for the wonderful effort you have put in to explain gann square and the gann calculator.

As per this, we can type the LTP at any time during the day and the calculator gives the buy/sell point.

But there is something like market support, resistance levels etc.

Should be use other methods to find whether to initiate a trade in a stock and then use this calculator for getting the price points?

Can you suggest a method to first select the stock which is ok to trade and
then use gann calc for the points?

Thanks

Venkatachalam