Intraday Strategy with Super Trend Indicator

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi,,... If anyone have used Super Trend indicator for the intraday strategy for stocks??? Please share your view.
Supertrend works great with trending stocks, it would give u very bad loss with sideways stocks like ITC, HUL but there s great returns with stocks like auropharma, tehm, tata steel etc.

Supertrend works great with trending stocks, it would give u very bad loss with sideways stocks like ITC, HUL but there s great returns with stocks like auropharma, tehm, tata steel etc.
Hi Cubt,

I remeber you were running a thread and trading the Nifty using the Supertrend. I was wondering why did you stop trading using ST.
I am trading Nifty with ST 10 mins chart and results are not that great.

Regards,
Akhilesh

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi Cubt,

I remeber you were running a thread and trading the Nifty using the Supertrend. I was wondering why did you stop trading using ST.
I am trading Nifty with ST 10 mins chart and results are not that great.

Regards,
Akhilesh
Trading Nifty did not suit my personality. So stopped trading index futures.

Trading Nifty did not suit my personality. So stopped trading index futures.
So are you using ST to trade stocks futures. I am asking this question because i want to know if ST strategy is reliable enough to make money practically.
I know when we back test we get good results but it is difficult to make money in practical scenarios.

With Regards,
Akhilesh

umeshmandal

Cubt

Algo Trader
So are you using ST to trade stocks futures. I am asking this question because i want to know if ST strategy is reliable enough to make money practically.

I know when we back test we get good results but it is difficult to make money in practical scenarios.

With Regards,

Akhilesh

yes, it is possible to make money using super trend. I know n number of people who use ST n they r making money as well as lossing little every now n then.

yes, it is possible to make money using super trend. I know n number of people who use ST n they r making money as well as lossing little every now n then.
Hi Cubt,

Thanks for your reply.

I am thinking to start trading stock futures instead of Nifty futures using ST. I have 2 questions.

1) How do you bear the drawdown (mentally or otherwise) with the high beta stocks such as YESBANK and TATASTEEL. Most of them have drawdown of around 30% or so. How much margin you allocate for trading these stocks?

2) Which Time Frame would be suitable 5 mins or 10 mins and what parameters should we use to trade stock futures?

3) How much is the slippage/impact cost if say 4 lots of YESBBANK/TATASTEEL is executed at market order?

I am sorry, if I asked too many questions but I have gone through your threads and as per my understanding you have quite an experience using ST for trading.

Thanks in advance!!