Intraday settings for candles

Can someone please advise me what all settings need to be done as regards to the timings in Intraday setting button? At present I have set it as 9:15-3:30.
But the problem I am facing is that my 5 minutes candles are closing before time. So my candles are closing at 9:19, 9:24,9:29 etc.

trash

Can someone please advise me what all settings need to be done as regards to the timings in Intraday setting button? At present I have set it as 9:15-3:30.
But the problem I am facing is that my 5 minutes candles are closing before time. So my candles are closing at 9:19, 9:24,9:29 etc.
A 5 minute candle goes from e.g. 9:15:00 to 9:19:59 not 9:19 as you say!
So you tilte just shows the end time of each interval (as mentioned 09:09:59). To show the start time of each interval go to preferences-intraday and set to start time of interval.

yusi

Further to what trash has mentioned, if the input data has 1 minute bars with default timestamps as 9:16, 9:17,..., you could change settings to "Timestamp as xx:xx:59", in addition to the AmiBroker settings change to show time as end of time interval.

extremist

it's all regarding settings in preferences.

go to preferences => intraday

then at the left u will see some cutmizable timeframes to be used in intraday and at the right there are some options
to achive ur desired results :

1. chake the first box saying align minut bars.......

then in timestamp settings
2. opt for 3rd option

and

3. check the override box.

this will solve ur problem

A 5 minute candle goes from e.g. 9:15:00 to 9:19:59 not 9:19 as you say!
So you tilte just shows the end time of each interval (as mentioned 09:09:59). To show the start time of each interval go to preferences-intraday and set to start time of interval.
it's all regarding settings in preferences.

go to preferences => intraday

then at the left u will see some cutmizable timeframes to be used in intraday and at the right there are some options
to achive ur desired results :

1. chake the first box saying align minut bars.......

then in timestamp settings
2. opt for 3rd option

and

3. check the override box.

this will solve ur problem
Extremist, I have already adjusted the settings as mentioned by you. But its not solving the issue. The candle is actually closing at 9:19, 9:24, 9:29 and a new candle starts. I checked this with my system time as well. Right at 9:19 the candle will close and new candle will start. So trash, its not the problem with the title as well.

extremist

as far aas i know there is only one setting left now in database setting =>
intraday setting

there daily time compression uses:

there select exchange time.

but i hope ur problem will not get resolved by this also.

so sorry it out of my small knowladge.

but mine working fine with these settings

Last edited:

trash

Extremist, I have already adjusted the settings as mentioned by you. But its not solving the issue. The candle is actually closing at 9:19, 9:24, 9:29 and a new candle starts. I checked this with my system time as well. Right at 9:19 the candle will close and new candle will start. So trash, its not the problem with the title as well.
So your 5min candle start at 9:14:00 and ends at 9:18:59 then next one starts at 9:19:00 and ends at 9:23:59? What's your source?

What's your setting in preferences intraday? Please show a screen capture.

So your 5min candle start at 9:14:00 and ends at 9:18:59 then next one starts at 9:19:00 and ends at 9:23:59? What's your source?

What's your setting in preferences intraday? Please show a screen capture.
I am capturing data from my Nest terminal. Following is the screenshot

However now I changed the start time to 9:01 and the candle seem to be closing OK now. Candles are actually closing now at 9:19:59 although the title is showing as 9:20:59