Intraday Data : Reviews and Infos

C

CreditViolet

Hi All
I see a lot of threads and PMs on getting intraday data into TA softwares.
Recently lot of 'providers' have cropped up.Some of them being

Stoxtrend.com - I have tried mailing them for some information.Got no reply.A friend of mine who uses their service mentions that it is not really real time!Theres a few seconds lag.Also it seems you have to payup the entire fee for the year at one shot!

Nexus Data- Very unreliable people.Like most data vendors they seem to using ODIN and something like DDEChartupdater and streaming their data across.I might be wrong here but most of these data vendors seem to use ODIN! The guys are a farce,they lie right on your face and wont even mention the cost to most people.Its something like 1500 per month I heard.

RTC Converter- Very novel idea of using PIB data.I tried the demo and worked charmlessly.I think with more subscribers price might come down as well.Those who have PIB can have a look into this, however there are free options as well of using PIB data but for the novices its a good deal

Viratech - A bit on the expensive side for most people.I dont know many people who have used it, so cant really comment.But there are cheaper options available.Their EOD is very good though.

TechnicalTrends - I use their data for a backfill of sort.Not very expensive but charts dont update realtime in MS, or TS atleast.Their updater uses lots of CPU power to update the charts.Otherwise its quite good.EOD is good too

Well this is all the time I have on a quite day like today :D
Be careful, dont get into any long term deal unless you have tested it out for a few days.And it seems ODIN can be connected realtime to TA softwares.Take a look at trading-tools.com and check out DDEChartupdater there.

Adios
CV
:eek: :eek:

CreditViolet said:
Hi All

Stoxtrend.com - I have tried mailing them for some information.Got no reply.A friend of mine who uses their service mentions that it is not really real time!Theres a few seconds lag.Also it seems you have to payup the entire fee for the year at one shot!

Nexus Data- Very unreliable people.Like most data vendors they seem to using ODIN and something like DDEChartupdater and streaming their data across.I might be wrong here but most of these data vendors seem to use ODIN! The guys are a farce,they lie right on your face and wont even mention the cost to most people.Its something like 1500 per month I heard.

RTC Converter- Very novel idea of using PIB data.I tried the demo and worked charmlessly.I think with more subscribers price might come down as well.Those who have PIB can have a look into this, however there are free options as well of using PIB data but for the novices its a good deal

Viratech - A bit on the expensive side for most people.I dont know many people who have used it, so cant really comment.But there are cheaper options available.Their EOD is very good though.

TechnicalTrends - I use their data for a backfill of sort.Not very expensive but charts dont update realtime in MS, or TS atleast.Their updater uses lots of CPU power to update the charts.Otherwise its quite good.EOD is good too

Be careful, dont get into any long term deal unless you have tested it out for a few days.And it seems ODIN can be connected realtime to TA softwares.Take a look at trading-tools.com and check out DDEChartupdater there.

Adios
CV
Nice to see you mail and useful info after a long time. How are you? Keep posting.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

AMITBE

CreditViolet said:
Hi All

Adios
CV
Hi CV...could you leave behind the details on using PIB as a free option please.
Thanks and regards.

CreditViolet said:
Hi All

Adios
CV
Hi CV, May I add RTQ downloader, Hypertrader and Medved Quotatracker to complete the list !

Nexus Data

Hi,

This is for all members of this forum. I tried the demo provided by nexus data. The uploader is simple and quite ok. But their pricing policy is awry sometimes they ask for Rs. 1500/- p.m. and then asks for 5000/- to others. They did not allow an actual live mkt. demo in the mkt. hrs. under the pretext that I have already used their demo. So a real RT data vendor is still unfound.

C

CreditViolet

AMITBE said:
Hi CV...could you leave behind the details on using PIB as a free option please.
Thanks and regards.
Hi Amit
Search the yahoo group archives of amibroker.There are some scripts available there by Tomasz..Chk it out

CV

C

CreditViolet

indiatrader said:
Dear Creditviolet,
I am using real time data from stoxtrend.com. a slight lag is there , but it is to be accepted due to the internet backbone of this country . but they are also accepting monthly and quarterly payments.
rgds,
indiatrader
Hi
I suspect the lag is perhaps because of the delay in collection,conversion and distribution of data.Anyway, it is quite cheap and perhaps usable for those not trading short time frames

CV

C

CreditViolet

investock said:
Hi CV, May I add RTQ downloader, Hypertrader and Medved Quotatracker to complete the list !
Hi P..
Well, those are not particularly reliable and backfill is a major issue in real time trading.For those not actively trading ( or professionally) its usable.

CV

C

CreditViolet

Re: Nexus Data

Ropewalker said:
Hi,

This is for all members of this forum. I tried the demo provided by nexus data. The uploader is simple and quite ok. But their pricing policy is awry sometimes they ask for Rs. 1500/- p.m. and then asks for 5000/- to others. They did not allow an actual live mkt. demo in the mkt. hrs. under the pretext that I have already used their demo. So a real RT data vendor is still unfound.
Hi Ropewalker
I agree with you.The guys seem to be running a bucket shop of sorts riding the current TA boom.Asking different ppl for different fees is cheating and I advice to stay away from people like these.Go only with established players or atleast trustworthy people.

CV