Internet requirement for intraday trading

niftytaurus

HI
I have started this thread to discuss internet & computer related hardware & software issues for trading purpose.
Please join all there & discuss there ..so , we can get all information in one place..
I am also copy & paste all posts which discussed here in general trading chat
so, please discuss here all technical issues related to technology part of trading especially internet
thanks

niftytaurus

Hi Friends
I am not tech savvy or internet savvy..I have sorme queries..
I use zerodha trader (nest trader) as trading terminal & Amibroker with GFDL data provider for charting platform.But I frequently get disconnected both from trading terminal & gfdl data & effects my trading..I think Its my internet problem, I have tried every service provider, but all is waste..I have spent lot of money buying wifi pods & reuters by every ISP but no use..
Right now i am using BSNL & GEO Broadband through WIFI..but they are also not working properly..My nest trader stuck many times in a day.gfdl stops..so From GFDL advice, I checked my internet speed by Speed TEST byokala...bsnl showing 75 pings & geo showing 60-80 pings...I am getting this after paying so much ..I have taken high speed plans also..& I am paying a lot on this infrastructure but still I am having problem..during trading hours, amibroker & nest trader stopped every 5 minutes..its not good .
So please can you please suggest me what to do now? what kind of internet speed or service shall I need so Nest trader & GFDL runs smoothly.
please suggest as It has become a very big hurdle in m trading journey
Thanks

niftytaurus

post by RISKYMAN
BSNL is absolute rubbish. Even though the speed may be decent when it works but the connection keeps going off every few minutes.
Geo broad band? You mean Jio? Well the connection on this one depends on the cellular coverage in your area.
Have you tried Airtel fixed line connection? Which city are you located in?

What RAM do you have on your computer? On one of my old laptops the RAM is just 2 GB. So, everytime I used Nest or PI, it would freeze up every now and then. So please check and see if your RAM has anything to do with it. This memory problem can get compounded specially if you are on windows 8 or other recent versions which hog a lot of RAM. You will need atleast 4 GB RAM for windows 8 upwards.

Alternatively, you can try reinstalling Nest trader. Sometimes this helps!

niftytaurus

reply post by VIJAY
I don't think its fault of internet ...some problem of your system I guesee...Why you not format your system once and not install unnecessery softwares ...just install what you want for trading...IMO it rectifies your problem...As am too using NEST and ami with RTD in my old system with jio wifi ...no such problems comes ...So please try it...

niftytaurus

Post by vijay
My system have only 2 GB ram and windows 7 installed no problem at all even I use many softwares in it....I always run NEST (ZT) ,amibroker with RTD,Now, option oracle and excell utility ....no problems seen

niftytaurus

Reply by RISKYMAN

Yes Vijay, Windows 7 is no problem at all. I specifically mentioned it was an issue with Win 8 and above as they are a bit heavy. It works fine but a lot of times will hog a lot of ram specially if your anti virus is scanning/running in the background or if you have windows auto updater on.

niftytaurus

ONE QUORAUSER POST

How is the reception on vodafone/airtel in your area. If you have either of these connections, try using wifi hotspot through your phone. They are usually more reliable these days( depending upon your area). And I would agree with Riskyman on this. Airtel broadband will be more expensive but is way more reliable than bsnl.

niftytaurus

I contacted a local internet guy .In my building this connection has got good reviews..as its give personal services & not let internet get disconnected.
I am planning to take that connection as there is no customer care hassel..He is ready to give me a seprate line from his main socket as his office is just adjacent to my Building .this connection ping is just 5.
But please tell me to run AMIBROKER WITH GFDL DATA & Properly working OF NEST TRADER, how much speed Do I need?what minimum speed is required for smooth flow of Live DATA & tradign smoothly my all platforms.
so please tell minimum speed requirement of that
thanks

VJAY

I contacted a local internet guy .In my building this connection has got good reviews..as its give personal services & not let internet get disconnected.
I am planning to take that connection as there is no customer care hassel..He is ready to give me a seprate line from his main socket as his office is just adjacent to my Building .this connection ping is just 5.
But please tell me to run AMIBROKER WITH GFDL DATA & Properly working OF NEST TRADER, how much speed Do I need?what minimum speed is required for smooth flow of Live DATA & tradign smoothly my all platforms.
so please tell minimum speed requirement of that
thanks
Don't know much about data needed ...but I previously(before JIO came) used IDEA 's dongle of 1GB monthly plan which give me 20+ days unimterupt use of NEST & NOW RTD data to ami etc.....after that JIO came am using it since its start...:)