internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Reliance 4G finally got activated on my sim card. Internet definitely feels "buffer free" and fluid. There's a perceptible difference between this and the earlier iteration of GSM/3G/CDMA.

Actually, yesterday, WiFi was working really bad on my alternate 3G/WiFi connection. It was dropping a lot of times (same with 3G). I had trouble transacting on secure pages. It was only later in the day that I found out that 4G had been activated.

Anyway, below is the speed test result on 4G

nice.. which website is this?
if possible can u show from speedtest.net ..?

natjay

nice.. which website is this?
if possible can u show from speedtest.net ..?
It's from TestMy.net (http://testmy.net)

It gives more details about the actual quality of your net connection with graphs and variance from mean speed (which is important when you're streaming data). The results are more technically accurate than speedtest.net where I tend to get widely different results. It's always best to use a Flash-free speed tester to see how your connection will perform under real world conditions.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
It's from TestMy.net (http://testmy.net)

It gives more details about the actual quality of your net connection with graphs and variance from mean speed (which is important when you're streaming data). The results are more technically accurate than speedtest.net where I tend to get widely different results. It's always best to use a Flash-free speed tester to see how your connection will perform under real world conditions.
my broadband speed test then

pakatil

4g sim will be assigned the same number of the cdma Dongle. Some one please throw some light.

I got sim and registered it. Waiting to get communication from RCom. Also waiting to buy Wipod. No Retail store has stock. :D

I was also waiting for Reliance Wi Pod 4G to start and they were to send a mail 48 hrs before starting. The mail never came.( It was too much to expect from Reliance ) Checked with local Reliance shop and learnt that the 4 G service has already started.

Took the Wi Pod to the shop and the shopkeeper helped to start it on my mobile. It has a Wi Fi key which needs to be fed to the wi fi device.

Still not able to connect 4G to Desktop but mobile phone and IPad is now connected to Reliance 4G. Reliance Netconnect dongle had stopped working for last 10 days.

Smart_trade

My wipod is working, but at 3G. Visited Reliance store today and was told that I will have to buy the dongle for Rs. 1599. It will take 24 to 48 hours to activate. The 3g will stop working anytime they said :( :mad:

Haven't yet applied for 4G upgrade.
I was also waiting for Reliance Wi Pod 4G to start and they were to send a mail 48 hrs before starting. The mail never came.( It was too much to expect from Reliance ) Checked with local Reliance shop and learnt that the 4 G service has already started.

Took the Wi Pod to the shop and the shopkeeper helped to start it on my mobile. It has a Wi Fi key which needs to be fed to the wi fi device.

Still not able to connect 4G to Desktop but mobile phone and IPad is now connected to Reliance 4G. Reliance Netconnect dongle had stopped working for last 10 days.

Smart_trade