internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

niftytaurus

Hi Friends
I am just frustated with those Internet companies..I have been spending some 4-5 k per month on different connections but no company is giving satisfactory services.
I have 2g net connect for trading..which is ok-ok service..now from yesterday, its not working...customer care ..no body is picking..despite I have waited for 45 minutes..now I couldnt do do my trading & went to reliance store..they told me that I have to upgrade it 4g compulsirily..this is not fair practise..

I have already seen 4g services of airtel also..but its useless..it doesnt even connect..I dont know what to do now...? I am ready to spent any kind of money for good internet speed & uninterrepted service..please suggest some good option..my city is pune/mumbai
thanks

monkeybusiness

Hi Friends
I am just frustated with those Internet companies..I have been spending some 4-5 k per month on different connections but no company is giving satisfactory services.
I have 2g net connect for trading..which is ok-ok service..now from yesterday, its not working...customer care ..no body is picking..despite I have waited for 45 minutes..now I couldnt do do my trading & went to reliance store..they told me that I have to upgrade it 4g compulsirily..this is not fair practise..

I have already seen 4g services of airtel also..but its useless..it doesnt even connect..I dont know what to do now...? I am ready to spent any kind of money for good internet speed & uninterrepted service..please suggest some good option..my city is pune/mumbai
thanks
Try MTNL Broadband/Optical fiber connection.

For nearly a month now I have received SMS from rcom saying that my 4G sim has been despatched, but haven't received anything so far. Had 2 calls in last 3 days from them telling me about the upgrade and confirming my address. But nothing has reached me so far. Tried contacting them on *222 but can't get through. Which other numbers can I try ? The dongle has been giving red light since last Monday, but the connection is very patchy. I am seriously thinking of getting a broadband connection. My problem is that I keep shifting cities twice a month these days.

DSM

Nifty Taurus,

These are some options :

1. Hathway - if they have cable in your area, go for it. 3 month plan cost 3,000 (Rs. 1,000 per month) including router. I am getting 15 MBPS download and 6 MBPS upload. Not faced any issue so far.

2. My second ISP is Tata Broadband. This is a back up service. The speed is slow. They have good service facility if there is any issue. If you are looking for speed in absence of Hathway, then check this plan :

3. I had written my experience with MTNL. New connection of 4 MBPS. Within two hours of service activation, it went of 5-6 times. Thereafter, if went off for a stretch of 14 hours (reconnected the next day) I promptly surrendered my MTNL modem and asked for a disconnection.

4. Read today in the papers that Reliance Jio is offering with their Lyfe handsets unlimited download at reportedly 50 MBPS speed. (Not sure as this is hearsay) But suggest you try/apply for Reliance Jio connection.

Good luck.

Hi Friends

thanks

Hi
I have been also forced to upgrade to 4g the problem is no other service provider is good enough i was using 3g earlier but the speed was pathetic
let see how good this will be.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
hi niftytaurus ji,
i m facing the same dilemma .
i was using reliance since 2009 and no issues so far.
now the prob is the dongle was bought in chennai during my college days. now i m not in chennai. i got 4g sim which belongs to ap circle, thus i m unable to upgrade.

i m also searching for wired broadband, narrowed down to YOU broadband and ACT. not decided yet.

hi niftytaurus ji,
i m facing the same dilemma .
i was using reliance since 2009 and no issues so far.
now the prob is the dongle was bought in chennai during my college days. now i m not in chennai. i got 4g sim which belongs to ap circle, thus i m unable to upgrade.

i m also searching for wired broadband, narrowed down to YOU broadband and ACT. not decided yet.
I face a similar problem. My dongle was bought in Gujarat and I am spending most of my time in Delhi.

Here in Delhi Den broadband is well spoken of. YOU broadband is a native of Surat and I was one of its earliest customers in Feb 2002. Used it till 2015 and then discontinued because of personal reasons. The connection is ok.

Contra

I have migrated from CDMA to 4G (Reliance) because CDMA is shutting down -- or has already shut down -- in a few circles including Mumbai.

The new 4G sim was supposed to be sent by courier but that didn't happen. So I went to the gallery and got one. It says 4G on the sim but I tested with an app called Network Cell Info Lite, and it shows 3G. Still, I'm getting speeds between 250-400 Kbps.

My Reliance dongle too has to be changed (it's been blinking red since the beginning of June with intermittent access late in the day). Best to get a 4G sim and get an unlocked dongle like Huawei from Amazon.

4G WiPod is going to be available and active only by Jun 30.

-----------------------------

Regarding this...
Just wanted to add that You Broadband has been acquired by Vodafone

Source: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/vodafone-india-buys-you-broadband/article8516676.ece

Last edited: