INTERNATIONAL stock trading from India

I was just wondering anyone on this forum have ever traded on any stock listed on NASDAQ

or DOWJONES or LSE or for that matter any International Stock Exchanges online here

from India.............

I am sure most online brokers with which we r familiar do not allow trading such stocks..........

Most probably i think none of the services here allow trading in such stocks at NYSE or the like...

also how one can trade in indian adrs, gdrs and stocks lissted at NYSE like rediff, icici, infosys...etc.....

has anyone ever experienced.... :)

i know i am asking something which is atleast not my cup of tea but still...

sunando
----------------------------------------------------------------------
u can always email me at [email protected] (i love emails) :D

Traderji

Super Moderator
With such a great trading market here in India I wonder why would you want to trade in the overseas markets. Personally for me the biggest disadvantage would be the time difference of trading the overseas markets.

Anyways if you do want to check out http://www.interactivebrokers.com/

:eek: Thanks Traderji...atleast u replied.... :)

With such a great trading market here in India I wonder why would you want to trade in the overseas markets.
yesterday only infosys gained 1.95% in value which traslates to roughly 100 rs....i know the base is higher still...i guess

Personally for me the biggest disadvantage would be the time difference of trading the overseas markets.
only US markest are excatly opposite otherwsie singapore, korea, hongkong etc will not pose much problem...

even in usa markets, people like me can possibly trade who like sleeping very late and get up too late in morning

Anyways if you do want to check out http://www.interactivebrokers.com/
thanks the resource looks niceful...will give my feedback soon once explored...

I also urge sh50 and credit violet to express their views along with other members.....

thanks

sunando

why everybody else is :mad: not expressing their opinion :D

plz express................................................................................ :)

also traderji there is no India option in interactive brokers which means although we can trade usa stocks but not india stocks through them...

i was looking for some where we can have ability to trade both indian and usa stocks through s ingle online broker......(sorry if i am bugging)

but yes interactivebrokers is really nice otherwise..................

Sunandoghosh,

Was trading in the US till a year ago......not very happy with the way US dollar was heading,felt a lot of gains were getting nullified as the dollar fell....Also feel that the dollar fall is not over yet.Am presently in the Indian market.

Agree with Traderji,Interactive Brokers is great.......Never really heard of any broker where you could trade both Indian and US stocks,though.

Good Luck and Happy Trading the US and India!

Saint :)

Hi saint

Was trading in the US till a year ago.....
can u please be kind enough to share the online brokerage house which u were using and ur experience with them...

Never really heard of any broker where you could trade both Indian and US stocks,though.
even i feel the same...

Good Luck and Happy Trading the US and India!
thanks buddy...

happy trading to u too...

best regards,

sunando
-------------
[email protected] (i love emails) :D

Sunando,

Was with Power E trade......had heard that IB was lower commission and oher advantages....but was too set in my ways.Changing brokerage was too much of a hassle :rolleyes: .....Was happy with Etrade :)

Saint :)