Interactive Brokers (India)

VXP

97% your of all questions are answered in their official youtube channel (including that STP Limit Order & many more advanced ones)

of remaining 3% can be found by,
1% by (extensive) web search,
1% support tickets, and,
1% for instinct is sufficient...

Guided hand holding support comes at a cost in terms of manned support, which is not feasible in India as of today.

If your questions are so unanswerable by any of India support team, please call US support of IBKR after 08:30pm IST.

US's IBKR customer service facilitates global customers. US representatives are extremely knowledgeable w.r.t. to the platform and many many know-hows or how-to of IBKR, but they might not be able to answer any NSE specific question (or questions specific to our markets).

My query was not about Stop Limit Orders and how it works. I know that very well. I was talking about a bug relating to Stop Limit orders which I encountered while using it. While using Stop Limit Orders from Mosaic Order Panel TWS calculates Stops prices correctly but the Limit prices calculated by TWS are always wrong. I raised a Ticket with all the details and screenshots and discussed it over online chats but unfortunately even after more than one & half months and several reminders I haven't got proper response.

CougarTrader

While using Stop Limit Orders from Mosaic Order Panel TWS calculates Stops prices correctly but the Limit prices calculated by TWS are always wrong.
Sorry, either the question is wrong or unable to make sense of it. Because in Stop Limit Orders nobody calculates the Limit price. Stop price is the trigger price and Limit price is decided by you.

1646198280036.png

In Case 1, if you have a buy position at 100 and you wish to place Stop Loss at 95.

You place a Sell Stop Limit order with price and trigger price. Since your order needs to be triggered first, the (trigger price ≥ price). Here, this order type gives you a range of the Stop-Loss.

Let's assume a range of Rs 0.10 (10 paise). Here, you can keep trigger price = 95 and "limit" price = 94.90. When the price of 95 is triggered, the sell limit order is sent to the exchange and your order will be squared off at the next available bid above 94.90. So, your SL order may get executed at 95 (or higher) or 94.95 but not below 94.90.

The disadvantage of this order is that if the market falls steeply, then after 95 is triggered and before the Sell Limit order of 94.90 is sent to the exchange if the stock price is already below 94.90, then your Stop-Loss order will still be open and your losses could be much higher.

In Case 2, if you have a sell position at 100 and you wish to place an Stop Loss at 105.

You place a Sell Stop Limit order with price and trigger price. Since your order needs to be triggered first, (the trigger price ≤ price). Here, this order type gives you a range of the stop-loss.

Let's assume a range of Rs.0.10 (10 paise). Here, you can keep trigger price = 105 and "limit" price = 105.10. When the price of 105 is triggered, the buy limit order is sent to the exchange and your order will be squared off at the next available offer below 105.10. So, your SL order may get executed at 105.05 or 105 but not above 105.10.

You have to use your discretion whether to use Stop Limit or Stop Market depending on the market scenario.

Alternately, using same logic Stop Order can be used to enter as well.

I'm using the ib plugin for amibroker and fetching data into amibroker via plugin. I've added symbols into amibroker which align to the symbology rules defined by amibroker i.e <SYMBOL>-<EXCHANGE>-<TYPE>-<CURRENCY> as defined on this page.

I am able to get most of the data but I'm not able to get the data for stocks which has hyphen in them eg. BAJAJ-AUTO, NAM-INDIA, etc

ibkr-bajaj-auto.png

I've tried adding BAJAJ-AUT-NSE-STK-INR for BAJAJ-AUTO but not able to fetch the data.

Appreciate help. Thanks.

CougarTrader

I'm using the ib plugin for amibroker and fetching data into amibroker via plugin. I've added symbols into amibroker which align to the symbology rules defined by amibroker i.e <SYMBOL>-<EXCHANGE>-<TYPE>-<CURRENCY> as defined on this page.

I am able to get most of the data but I'm not able to get the data for stocks which has hyphen in them eg. BAJAJ-AUTO, NAM-INDIA, etc

View attachment 47512

I've tried adding BAJAJ-AUT-NSE-STK-INR for BAJAJ-AUTO but not able to fetch the data.

Appreciate help. Thanks.
Exact question was previously asked How to find correct IB symbol using TWS.... and AB's creator gave answer here and here....

CougarTrader

Can you make the moving averages 2 colored ?
yes

Edit:

Sorry @timepass, I misunderstood your question. We can modify color of studies along with other several friendly options like this -

TWS-studies-select-color.gif

What you are looking for this, is this:

1654690467470.png

These type of charts are possible in AmiBroker, TradingView, etc., where one can code the signals. TWS Charts does not provide signals.

I use TWS Classic (the lighter version), and read charts from AmiBroker using IBKR Plugin. And place orders using AmiBroker's IBController (IBC). Infact, have customized the IBC APIs per my needs, especially, amongst several many order types love using Relative, Snap to Midpoint orders.

Last edited:

iTrade

Hi @CougarTrader I tried checking this particular issue with IB support as well. The hourly chart on TWS has issues. The first candle is 9:15 to 9:30 and then the rest of candles are 9:30 to 10:30 and so on..i was checking for NFITY...they said its by design and i need to raise a feature request. I said, what the hell!! this is basics of charting. Do you see the same ?