Interactive brokers 2019 need suggestions and reviews.

jyotixxx

A very useful alternative for options traders! You can place orders as SNAP MID. This is the mid point between a Bid/Ask and it is automatically modified realtime, until executed.
This is useful, when the underlying stock moves madly, the option orders placed as market gets executed at unrealistic prices!
I don't have IBKR account. Just want to know whats the margin requirement for per lot Nifty options to write?

A very useful alternative for options traders! You can place orders as SNAP MID. This is the mid point between a Bid/Ask and it is automatically modified realtime, until executed.
This is useful, when the underlying stock moves madly, the option orders placed as market gets executed at unrealistic prices!
I don't have IBKR account. Just want to know whats the margin requirement for per lot Nifty options to write?
I'm not sure if SNAP TO MID would be automatically modified.
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=5934
"The Snap to Midpoint (SNAP MID) order is similar to a pegged order, as the original order price is determined by the current bid/ask plus or minus an offset. But unlike the pegged order price, the "snap to" order price doesn't continue to peg as the price moves."

So, depending on one's needs, PEGGED TO MID or PEGGED TO STOCK or RELATIVE/PEGGED TO PRIMARY orders might be more useful in that respect.

The link for the margins was already posted earlier but here it goes again - https://www.interactivebrokers.com/...showcategories=OPTGRP&p=&cc=&limit=100&page=2

jyotixxx

"The Snap to Midpoint (SNAP MID) order is similar to a pegged order, as the original order price is determined by the current bid/ask plus or minus an offset. But unlike the pegged order price, the "snap to" order price doesn't continue to peg as the price moves."

So, depending on one's needs, PEGGED TO MID or PEGGED TO STOCK or RELATIVE/PEGGED TO PRIMARY orders might be more useful in that respect.

The link for the margins was already posted earlier but here it goes again - https://www.interactivebrokers.com/...showcategories=OPTGRP&p=&cc=&limit=100&page=2
Thanks a lot for clarifying and correcting me!

I was trying their demo software and my feedback was insufficient. One more thing I had noticed. I was able to connect Amibroker with the demo account API and saw connection was quite effortless! It seems because it was a demo account, backfill didn't happen.
Has anyone here tried IBKR data on AMi?

I read somewhere that it doesn't transmit open price!! what does that mean?? Also no timestamp!
Anyone please personal experience using AMi with IBKR for NSE scrips? How is the data accuracy?

Thanks a lot for clarifying and correcting me!

I was trying their demo software and my feedback was insufficient. One more thing I had noticed. I was able to connect Amibroker with the demo account API and saw connection was quite effortless! It seems because it was a demo account, backfill didn't happen.
Has anyone here tried IBKR data on AMi?

I read somewhere that it doesn't transmit open price!! what does that mean?? Also no timestamp!
Anyone please personal experience using AMi with IBKR for NSE scrips? How is the data accuracy?
It's not bad, easy to connect & free with a cap of 100 instruments with backfills but data isn't as good as Nest charts in my opinion when I tried it several months ago. I've always used MT4 for my scanning needs, & I am too lazy to learn AFL, so I don't use IB's Amibroker-Plugin.

Last edited:

bpr

it varies actually
if you loaded on one side then margin can go upto 1.3 lakh at the same time the other side margin will be 50k

if you balanced both call and put write margin will be 1 lakh on both sides

it all chnages in real time

bpr

I would love to use the relative pegged to primary order but I want that order triggerd like a stop order ...
any idea ??

I would love to use the relative pegged to primary order but I want that order triggerd like a stop order ...
any idea ??
Have you tried Conditional Order? In Classic TWS watchlist, click on Bid/Ask depending on whether you want to sell or buy, select order type as REL & put in your preferred Limit price & offset amount (you can preset this for all orders through Global Configuration > Presets > Stocks/Futures/Options > select Primary order type as REL & put in the default Offset Amount), then RIGHT-click on the new order-line, select Modify, select Condition, in the Order Ticket window click on Add, select Price in the Create Condition window, click Next in Create Condition window, then type the name of trigger-instrument in the Underlying, select the desired Operator & put in your trigger-price, click Finish, & then Transmit.

Are you asking this for Stock or Future or Option? There can be a few tricks to do it a little bit faster depending on what you are trading.

bpr

Have you tried Conditional Order? In Classic TWS watchlist, click on Bid/Ask depending on whether you want to sell or buy, select order type as REL & put in your preferred Limit price & offset amount (you can preset this for all orders through Global Configuration > Presets > Stocks/Futures/Options > select Primary order type as REL & put in the default Offset Amount), then RIGHT-click on the new order-line, select Modify, select Condition, in the Order Ticket window click on Add, select Price in the Create Condition window, click Next in Create Condition window, then type the name of trigger-instrument in the Underlying, select the desired Operator & put in your trigger-price, click Finish, & then Transmit.

Are you asking this for Stock or Future or Option? There can be a few tricks to do it a little bit faster depending on what you are trading.
wooow ..had no idea .... I am looking to use it for futures and options.
I generally don't use classic TWS ...In mosiac this feature is not present in order window ..how come??
gotta play around in classic to know more.

wooow ..had no idea .... I am looking to use it for futures and options.
I generally don't use classic TWS ...In mosiac this feature is not present in order window ..how come??
gotta play around in classic to know more.
So, I presume entering option-orders based on futures-prices. I use it to enter stock-futures orders based on stock-prices.
So, you can see the set up of watchlist, there's stock & its future side by side, so let's say I want to send out an order in Axisbank Future based on Axisbank stock-price, I will initiate the future order by clicking on bid/ask, then bring up Conditions tab by right-clicking on the order-line, & then click, & DRAG & DROP Axisbank stock into this Conditions tab, which saves a few precious seconds while day-trading, since I don't have to manually select Price as the condition or type Axisbank in the Underlying column.

I am not sure how this feature can be accessed on Mosaic since I've always used Classic because of the way I like to have my watchlist setup.

Conditional Order.png