Infy futures

I have a newbie question.Today I was observing the price of INFY stock and INFY oct exp futures. There was such a huge difference in the opening price. Why such a huge difference?

infy stock price (opening) - 3654
infy oct future's price (opening) - 3554

thanks,

giggles

Yes, I was aware of the news. But I want to know why the difference between the stock price and future's price. Please make me understand. I am newbie.

Also, I see that various brokers offer detailed historical stock charts. So based on that if I do technical analysis and try to trade the company's futures, it will be disastrous.
For instance, say yesterday based on technical analysis I decide to buy 100 SHARES of INFY at the closing price of 3645, which was almost the same for INFY oct exp futures. Then say, based on technical analysis I had kept my stop loss at 3600, than I would have had a super profit today.

However, if I had done the same for INFY OCT EXP futures, then the stop loss would have been hit right at the open of todays session.

So basically, it is faulty to trade future's charts based on technical analysis of a stocks chart. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, I was aware of the news. But I want to know why the difference between the stock price and future's price. Please make me understand. I am newbie.

Also, I see that various brokers offer detailed historical stock charts. So based on that if I do technical analysis and try to trade the company's futures, it will be disastrous.
For instance, say yesterday based on technical analysis I decide to buy 100 SHARES of INFY at the closing price of 3645, which was almost the same for INFY oct exp futures. Then say, based on technical analysis I had kept my stop loss at 3600, than I would have had a super profit today.

However, if I had done the same for INFY OCT EXP futures, then the stop loss would have been hit right at the open of todays session.

So basically, it is faulty to trade future's charts based on technical analysis of a stocks chart. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks

Thanks
Spot and futures of anything are traded separately because technically they are different instruments and sentiments drive prices of spot and futures separately.

you can't trade futures using spot charts. use futures charts.

Spot and futures of anything are traded separately because technically they are different instruments and sentiments drive prices of spot and futures separately.

you can't trade futures using spot charts. use futures charts.
So can you please tell me where I can get historical future's charts. My broker (interactive brokers) gives stocks charts for at least 10 years. However, they don't do that for stock futures ... max look back period is around 2-3 years.

So can you please tell me where I can get historical future's charts. My broker (interactive brokers) gives stocks charts for at least 10 years. However, they don't do that for stock futures ... max look back period is around 2-3 years.
futures charts come in two varieties

1. continuous back adjusted contracts.
2. monthly specific contracts.

I have no idea what IB gives. check with them via email/chat.

futures charts come in two varieties

1. continuous back adjusted contracts.
2. monthly specific contracts.

I have no idea what IB gives. check with them via email/chat.
IB gives monthly specific contracts.
Can you please let me know which charting software shows the continuous back adjusted contracts?

Thanks