Information regarding Capstone Securities.

Does anyone on the forum has any idea about Capstone Securities Ltd., a Pune based prop-trading firm. I'm interested to know about the work culture and career prospects, once we join the firm. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Novicetrader90

There is a very big difference between becoming a trader and becoming a successful trader. Every child can draw a painting , but there is only one Picasso or MF hussain.

To be successful u require a certain type of personality which is very rare, and also a lot of luck, mostly to find a proper teacher and aslo the risk of the market raping u before u gain the confidence.

I suggest u dont waste ur career like this with these people who dont care where u ll land up if one fails as a trader which is highly probable.

Also I know few people who have made money for years and then gone broke.

Rather do something worthwhile to earn a living (engineer, CA) and trade as a part time trader with a small part of ur savings and perfect ur art first. There is nothing that u ll not learn online. Trading is only discipline, which will take years of practice and failures. I agree there r success stories, but the risk here is ur career. :mad::mad::mad:

If in the age of ALGO trading they promote screen reading, then these people are running a gambling den, where they have nothing to loose. If I tell you abt the kind of sophisticated software the people at Goldman sachs use to make money u ll know what I mean.

You have ur career or atleast a few months to worry abt, they will loose nothing. And then there is a risk of getting addicted to this dirty game and not giving up at the right time. They r giving stipends which they will recover many fold times from ur brokerages and software charge if u earn. they ll not increase ur qntity till u r consistent. In other countries they r called trading arcades. If u do the math u ll be better off learning and trading small on ur own fund.

Like any good trader will tell u,keep ur bets such that u loose less and win more.

Hello Comm4300

Could you kindly share
- Once selected!
- What markets are they trading US equity? Options? Futures? Option on Futures?
- Is it Day trading?
- What is the leverage you get ( at starting level?) I mean in us for quity it is max 1:4 or in other words what account size you get to trade?
- What is the brokerage
- Do they take any security deposit or truely you get to trade company money?
- Whats is the profit share?

I tried to enquire but no response.. all they kept saying is to come to Pune for test.. I am based oveseas and Rs 2,000 or 8000 is aboslutaley a low sum to even consider!

milkyblack

Hello Comm4300

Could you kindly share
- Once selected!
- What markets are they trading US equity? Options? Futures? Option on Futures?
- Is it Day trading?
- What is the leverage you get ( at starting level?) I mean in us for quity it is max 1:4 or in other words what account size you get to trade?
- What is the brokerage
- Do they take any security deposit or truely you get to trade company money?
- Whats is the profit share?

I tried to enquire but no response.. all they kept saying is to come to Pune for test.. I am based oveseas and Rs 2,000 or 8000 is aboslutaley a low sum to even consider!
Firstly it is 2000 to 8000. Initially if you are absorbed you will get 2000 as stipend. Profit sharing ratio has changed from what it used to be earlier, it has become worse.
They do not have a/c to trade F&O, it is just intraday trading of equities. About leverage, you do not have anything to worry about, as that is what they get, you just get a cap, that is buying power of say $5000, if you trade a stock worth $10, then number of shares you get 500. Initially you will not be trading with even 100 shares, depends on your experience of US markets, if you have then you will be trade size, else not.

Senior traders, that is those who have been profitable, take a good amount home. The payouts are good.

Finally the good thing, you do not have to give any money to them. Commissions are on the higher side as compared with other firms. But not that high that profits cannot be made. Depends how you trading pattern is. You can actually earn commission too :), instead of paying .

So what is teh basic Profit sharing ratio?
also what I mean by leverage is ( ok they wil have their own internal leverage with clearing form may be for intraday 1:4 but what is the basic position limit in USD?

Also when you say senior traders make 6 fig are you talking Rs or USD?

Milkblack
Can you please be specific
There is nothing to hide
for everyone who wants to know abt working at capstone.
ya people earn 6 figures in dollors. but u should knoe they have 5 yrs of experience doing it. the guy who earns this much didn't earn anything for first 1 and half years but he stay put and got rewarded. its a long term game. the longer u will be in this game the more u will earn. dont come to this firm thinking u will earn lakhs in 3-4 months time. for a year or so, first of all u will earn nothing or very minmal except the salary of 8000(6000 something after the deductions).
good luck for those who want to come. be ready to get frustrated. :thumb:

PS: I am working here at present.

for everyone who wants to know abt working at capstone.
ya people earn 6 figures in dollors. but u should knoe they have 5 yrs of experience doing it. the guy who earns this much didn't earn anything for first 1 and half years but he stay put and got rewarded. its a long term game. the longer u will be in this game the more u will earn. dont come to this firm thinking u will earn lakhs in 3-4 months time. for a year or so, first of all u will earn nothing or very minmal except the salary of 8000(6000 something after the deductions).
good luck for those who want to come. be ready to get frustrated. :thumb:

PS: I am working here at present.
Hello,

I'm planning to come there for interview day after tomorrow. Can u tell me how difficult is the aptitude test and what kind of questions are there? Is it worth to work there in long-term as you are still working there in-spite of being frustrated:lol: