Indicators for choppy markets

Hi All,

My strategy is almost ready but I am looking for some indicators to help me eliminate trades/ noise in the choppy markets.

Can anyone pls suggest?

Best Regards and Thanks!

mohan.sic

Hi
Can you give little bit more idea..i just wanted to trade only choppy or rangebound markets...

sir, if you think that market is going to be rangebound you can use a indicator like RSI 14 which I think is better than other oscillators.
But pls note that we never know if market will turn choppy or trend ahead. So better trade RSI signal only after crossover. Example - Not to enter short when it cross above 70 or 80 line. Look to short when it fall below that line from above. Because majority of trending moves happen when oscillators are at overbought / oversold regions. So you can avoid getting into dangerous wrong sides.

marimuthu13

sir, if you think that market is going to be rangebound you can use a indicator like RSI 14 which I think is better than other oscillators.
But pls note that we never know if market will turn choppy or trend ahead. So better trade RSI signal only after crossover. Example - Not to enter short when it cross above 70 or 80 line. Look to short when it fall below that line from above. Because majority of trending moves happen when oscillators are at overbought / oversold regions. So you can avoid getting into dangerous wrong sides.
Hi
My question is i want to avoid trending days or trending markets... I knew it is impossible to know whether when trending moves starts and ends...

Yes you are right that oscillators can be used in rangebounding market...

I tested different method it gives about 600 points in crude mega in 17 trading session but remaining 3 trading season wipes out all profits , ends in negative... Those 3 sessions are strong one sided move ...

Usually it will be other way around...people used to make money in these 3 strong trending days, loose everything or partially in other 17 days

Last edited:
Hi
My question is i want to avoid trending days or trending markets... I knew it is impossible to know whether when trending moves starts and ends...

I tested different method it gives about 600 points in crude mega in 17 trading session but remaining 3 trading season wipes out all profits , ends in negative... Those 3 sessions are strong one sided move ...

Usually it will be other way around...people used to make money in these 3 strong trending days, loose everything or partially in other 17 days
Usually it will be other way around...people used to make money in these 3 strong trending days, loose everything or partially in other 17 days..

i think .. this depends on which instrument ans strategy we are using . if option sellers then they used to gain all 17 days and loss in that 3 trending days .

marimuthu13

Usually it will be other way around...people used to make money in these 3 strong trending days, loose everything or partially in other 17 days..

i think .. this depends on which instrument ans strategy we are using . if option sellers then they used to gain all 17 days and loss in that 3 trending days .
You are right boss..but i am talking ab crude future trading too

mohan.sic

Hi

Seems you are not getting out of the wrong position in time and not using a sl. Booking large number of small profits and taking few very large losses . High risk Low reward structure trading style.

I don't trade crude..so I do not the nature of the instrument, how it behaves and all. So cannot answer you.
But someone who trades crude can help you if they know your trading method. Like they can suggest a additional filter to your system to filter entry and exit.