Indian Brokers offering Algo Trading to Individual Traders(Reposting)

My Best wishes.

I have an idea, how about for smaller or larger trader who can get Approved Algo Trading Software for just 350/- per month, with custom stop loss, Profit Target, Stop Loss order, Order Modification, Position scaling, all these with multiple client management*?
Idea is indeed good. How about sharing the idea ... :)

I disagree with Algo....whether u are a small trader or a large trader, you do not necessarily need symphony... All you need is a plugin were you could get positions management and order modification logic.rest all like stop loss and profit taking can be managed from AFL. Even position scaling can also be handled by AFL. Master trust now offers this as custom services and quite competitively prices. I guess wingless flyer will also agree with that since they are also launching something similar and very competitively priced

I disagree with Algo....whether u are a small trader or a large trader, you do not necessarily need symphony... All you need is a plugin were you could get positions management and order modification logic.rest all like stop loss and profit taking can be managed from AFL. Even position scaling can also be handled by AFL. Master trust now offers this as custom services and quite competitively prices. I guess wingless flyer will also agree with that since they are also launching something similar and very competitively priced
Hi Puneet singhania, Please provide the details of charges.

Regards
Debashish

@W. Flier

Tons of good information from your answer and I must thank you for your trying to catch the bull by the horn, not by the tail!

My point by point understanding and responses regarding your post are mostly unnecessary because my previous posts contain my views and unfortunately they have remained unchanged. But let me try to give you what I have understood from your answers by grouping your statements in a broad manner.

BROKERS CAN - AND WILL DO - NOTHING ABOUT SLIPPAGES ETC. AND THAT'S ONLY NATURAL

It is not a trading issue really but is related to ethics in marketing. The broker is like a reseller of products and it is his duty- NOT option- to provide the customer the tools to acquire the products at the price desired by him. He is free to spread the cost of the tool over all customers.

WHY SHOULD TRADES BE MISSED FREQUENTLY IF THE TRADER IS WELL EQUIPPED?

I have GDFL data, a speedy Airtel Broadband of a high-end user plan of about Rs. 1500/- per month and a good [Pavilion g6] HP laptop purchased 8 months back, and another HP laptop (now as backup) purchased 18 months back. Surely you won't call me under-equipped. None of my losses so far happened due to hardware, power or internet. So we can rule these factors out. Slippages will occur in any afl frequently and the answer is a slippage chasing algorithm which should be prepared by the broker(s) and the cost of development and profits recovered from customer. It won't pinch.

WHO WROTE THOSE PROGRAMS? DON'T YOU HAVE A WASTE BIN AT HOME?

Well, I never said I was losing money with those afls. I have to painfully sit around and tweak the settings, but they were profitable when on rare occasions they ran without a hitch. My signals are better than any afl I have seen so far (sorry, not boasting), and the programs I paid money for won't stand anywhere near if compared. But I didn't make all of it, though the strategies remain mine. Those published in TJ and AMI added to the value and the most important value addition was the "Zero Lag EMA" afl shared by Rajandran. I have included this indicator, which a significant upgrade, but I had to slow down the indicator a lot for ATS (not yet real-time tested). For manual traders it would be a boon if they just followed the crossovers of "ZEMA" ( a name I have fondly given to the indicator). I take this opportunity to thank Rajandran from the core of my heart.

SIGNALS COME AND GO???? HAHAHA!!! THAT ONLY HAPPENS AT THE BUSY ROAD INTERSECTIONS

Rogue signals are another type of animal in the signals jungle. Suppose you are trading an 15 min tf in "immediate" trigger mode. A buy comes, and your afl promptly buys. One minute later the buy vanishes and is replaced by a short. Your afl does nothing because AMI has taught it to exit only when a sell appears. Well, you have an orphan baby (=trade not ever exited), of which AMI may be the father, but you have to nurse it because otherwise it would die. I suggest you take a little bit of money from all of us and let us nurse him into manhood. But don’t throw him at me. My broker is taking inordinately long at developing one solution which they promised

I have written and talked to at least 2 dozen “experts” for afl correction and risk minimization API without anything substantial in return and have been cheated of money twice. May be I have found an ethical and efficient developer in you at last, W.F????

Then let’s please talk business.

PS: I am uneasy with AMI backtesting and that's why I don't trust it fully. Though my original afl was occasionally throwing up 100% winners (702 in 702), it is now considerably less after inclusion of ZEMA (ATS mode), though visually I don't think profits have reduced. Any clue, anyone?

Last edited:
@W. Flier

Tons of good information from your answer and I must thank you for your trying to catch the bull by the horn, not by the tail!

My point by point understanding and responses regarding your post are mostly unnecessary because my previous posts contain my views and unfortunately they have remained unchanged. But let me try to give you what I have understood from your answers by grouping your statements in a broad manner.

BROKERS CAN - AND WILL DO - NOTHING ABOUT SLIPPAGES ETC. AND THAT'S ONLY NATURAL

WHY SHOULD TRADES BE MISSED FREQUENTLY IF THE TRADER IS WELL EQUIPPED?

I have GDFL data, a speedy Airtel Broadband of a high-end user plan of about Rs. 1500/- per month and a good [Pavilion g6] HP laptop purchased 8 months back, and another HP laptop (now as backup) purchased 18 months back. Surely you won't call me under-equipped. None of my losses so far happened due to hardware, power or internet. So we can rule these factors out. Slippages will occur in any afl frequently and the answer is a slippage chasing algorithm which should be prepared by the broker(s) and the cost of development and profits recovered from customer. It won't pinch.

WHO WROTE THOSE PROGRAMS? DON'T YOU HAVE A WASTE BIN AT HOME?

Well, I never said I was losing money with those afls. I have to painfully sit around and tweak the settings, but they were profitable when on rare occasions they ran without a hitch. My signals are better than any afl I have seen so far (sorry, not boasting), and the programs I paid money for won't stand anywhere near if compared. But I didn't make all of it, though the strategies remain mine. Those published in TJ and AMI added to the value and the most important value addition was the "Zero Lag EMA" afl shared by Rajandran. I have included this indicator, which a significant upgrade, but I had to slow down the indicator a lot for ATS (not yet real-time tested). For manual traders it would be a boon if they just followed the crossovers of "ZEMA" ( a name I have fondly given to the indicator). I take this opportunity to thank Rajandran from the core of my heart.

SIGNALS COME AND GO???? HAHAHA!!! THAT ONLY HAPPENS AT THE BUSY ROAD INTERSECTIONS

Rogue signals are another type of animal in the signals jungle. Suppose you are trading an 15 min tf in "immediate" trigger mode. A buy comes, and your afl promptly buys. One minute later the buy vanishes and is replaced by a short. Your afl does nothing because AMI has taught it to exit only when a sell appears. Well, you have an orphan baby (=trade not ever exited), of which AMI may be the father, but you have to nurse it because otherwise it would die. I suggest you take a little bit of money from all of us and let us nurse him into manhood. But don’t throw him at me. My broker is taking inordinately long at developing one solution which they promised

I have written and talked to at least 2 dozen “experts” for afl correction and risk minimization API without anything substantial in return and have been cheated of money twice. May be I have found an ethical and efficient developer in you at last, W.F????

Then let’s please talk business.

PS: I am uneasy with AMI backtesting and that's why I don't trust it fully. Though my original afl was occasionally throwing up 100% winners (702 in 702), it is now considerably less after inclusion of ZEMA (ATS mode), though visually I don't think profits have reduced. Any clue, anyone?

1. with regards to slippages:

It's a trading issue but if well equipped it does not remain so. If u send market orders there are going to slippages. No one in the world can alter this reality.
There cannot be any slippage chasing algorithms. At beys what you can do is send limit orders. Now your plugin should have a logic to modify limit orders based on ticks or times etc.... That's it. There is nothing beyond this.

2. Slowing down by you for auto trading:
Let's take this my opportunity as try and make it successful if you are willing to work with me on this. Will glad to offer my entire technical team to get you to the levels of execution you want. I don't think so slowing down is really required.

3. Orphan trades:
You perhaps need net position management in managing this which is not possible at afl level. It requires close integration with order management system... Cheers

1. with regards to slippages:

It's a trading issue but if well equipped it does not remain so. If u send market orders there are going to slippages. No one in the world can alter this reality.
There cannot be any slippage chasing algorithms. At beys what you can do is send limit orders. Now your plugin should have a logic to modify limit orders based on ticks or times etc.... That's it. There is nothing beyond this.

I never used market order in my short trading life and only limit orders-yet slippages are a reality for me. I also heard from my broker's office that market orders are not allowed in auto mode. So I had not tested it.

By the word "slippage" I mean the broad basket of events when a trade is missed for any reason; be it the limit price being skipped for fast price movement or else. If you please look at the discussions going on in LinkedIn algo trading threads you would find discussions about slippage chasing algorithms, though it is not named as such (btw, we always chase "slippage" manually and unsuccessfully when the price has moved beyond my price, so an algorithm is the right entity to hand this boring job over). But my apologies if I have upset the techie community by giving a different color to the word slippage.

2. Slowing down by you for auto trading:
Let's take this my opportunity as try and make it successful if you are willing to work with me on this. Will glad to offer my entire technical team to get you to the levels of execution you want. I don't think so slowing down is really required.

Perhaps I have failed to get my point through. I didn't slow down the speed of trade but the indicators, so that trades are taken at distant points rather than near, to gain more profits per trade after deduction of costs. If brokerage were fixed monthly, traders would have been relieved of this pain and they could go now go for scalp (trade more frequently) and won't need to trade at far points. But brokers seldom would make a different brokerage plan to suit small traders' requirements.

Your suggestion is welcome if your team can be put in an "urgent" mode:clap: I can be reached by mobile at 9748498985, skype/gtalk: sandip1952. If your team don't find me for some reason, tell them that I will always be back after sometime at my system:)

3. Orphan trades:
You perhaps need net position management in managing this which is not possible at afl level. It requires close integration with order management system... Agreed, I need some program beyond afl!......Cheers

Thanks Puneet for taking the trouble:clapping:

Last edited: