Index option trading

sridhga

This is in case we don’t know the directions. Besides, my thought process was for swing. But yes for day trading, directional trades make sense (if its clear which way mkt is going)

Okay for simplicity sake let us start like this.

Where do you think BN would go on Monday?
Where would it go by Thursday?
Where would it go by Month end?

Also Why?

Let us try to answer these questions.
We may be wrong as well. But let us start. There is no harm in this.

Hi Team,
I would like to start this thread to see whether it can be possible to generate consistent and compound returns through index options trading.

We started with 2 lakh capital on Oct 5th , but because of mistake we lost 78000 in this 20 days. Now with capital of 122000. First thing need to do is to restore my capital in 45 trading days. (daily 1500 to 2000 on average).

Rules are simple...
90% of times it is options selling. If we clear on direction i want to try for option buying(depend on the pace of momentum whether it can be raise/fall). Or based on events.

Lets see how it goes. View attachment 44657
You can switch to hedging as well because Hedging is the most profitable! because from the first place their intention are not to speculate or make profit from market! instead they want to hedge or lower their risk! personally short term are not good, because predicting short term movement in most cases, are not always right!

Agree. But I am not good at finding future directions and this is why I fail most times (and successful if I’m right) this is why quest for small gain most of times but with risks I am trying to hunt for directional neutral gains.
Agree with you...finding direction is little difficult nowadays..
Better To play intraday or positional with reduced position size

u are just displaying ur balance better if u can let us know ur trades
Hi sachin..sorry for delay.just going through all messages..
My trades are mainly short straddles..short strangles..
Depend on the strong moves I will try spreads and very few times long straddles strangles.

These are the only thing.and all are intraday

6th trading day ended with good profit..

Morning started with short strangles and went into loss because of BANKNIFTY movement.
Immediately after sl hit taken out otherside position also and initiated debit spread by buying 24800ce and selling 25000ce
Screenshot_20201102-210728_AngelBroking.jpg

Personally feeling handling short strangles and straddles is getting difficult nowadays with wild moments on both sides.
Literally feeling that some big players are watching my stop losses...

mohan.sic

You can switch to hedging as well because Hedging is the most profitable! because from the first place their intention are not to speculate or make profit from market! instead they want to hedge or lower their risk! personally short term are not good, because predicting short term movement in most cases, are not always right!
Hedging is not for profit making. Hedging is to avoid excess risk and cap the loss.

In first line you say hedging is most profitable and in second line you say their intention is not to make profit.:)