Increased Heart beat and lost of breath

newuser_RK

I have started to day trade from yesterday, but I was uneasy during the entire process. i kept looking the price and was nervous. I had properly tested my sytem earlier and its has proper entries, exits ans Sl. Even yesterday was a good day, but I am worried about being nervous, my heart beat increased, I felt breathlessness and there was some mental strain.what to do? shall i stop day trading or its a maatter of first few days of trading and then I will become used to the pressure :eek::eek::eek:

I trade only with one lot of Nifty and I wont loose my daily bread if I loose my capital (1 Lakh)

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I have started to day trade from yesterday, but I was uneasy during the entire process. i kept looking the price and was nervous. I had properly tested my sytem earlier and its has proper entries, exits ans Sl. Even yesterday was a good day, but I am worried about being nervous, my heart beat increased, I felt breathlessness and there was some mental strain.what to do? shall i stop day trading or its a maatter of first few days of trading and then I will become used to the pressure :eek::eek::eek:
trade with very small quantity initially to get used to up - down...

Taiki

Darr ke age jeet hai..

But to get there, you must be willing to take the hit and keep moving forward. :thumb:

Good luck
Regards
Taiki

This clearly shows that you are afraid of taking loss in your trade.If you have backtested your system it should not happen. You either are taking large positions compared to your trading capital or trading on scared money.

Every trader ( even seasoned daytraders ) has emotions when they take a trade and the trade does not workout the way expected but one has to learn to control those emotions. The win should not give us too much of high and loss too much low feelings.

Practice putting your stoploss in the system and moving away from the trading terminal, do deep breathing excercises. If tension and breathlessness continues after few months then you are not suited for daytrading....move on to higher timeframes swing trading.Daytrading should be fun...not a pain.

Take care and dont burn yourself....our life and happiness is much more important than making few thousands in daytrading.

Smart_trade

avny

This clearly shows that you are afraid of taking loss in your trade.If you have backtested your system it should not happen. You either are taking large positions compared to your trading capital or trading on scared money.

Every trader ( even seasoned daytraders ) has emotions when they take a trade and the trade does not workout the way expected but one has to learn to control those emotions. The win should not give us too much of high and loss too much low feelings.

Practice putting your stoploss in the system and moving away from the trading terminal, do deep breathing excercises. If tension and breathlessness continues after few months then you are not suited for daytrading....move on to higher timeframes swing trading.Daytrading should be fun...not a pain.

Take care and dont burn yourself....our life and happiness is much more important than making few thousands in daytrading.

Smart_trade
:clap::clap::clap:

Tlahuicole

Hi,

As ST had said day trading must be fun not pain. I will tell you what all I missed when I started trading.

1) I thought professional traders trade on very low time frame like 200 ticks or 500 ticks, but later understood that they trade on larget tfs like 15min or 30min.

2)When I started trading in 1min tf life was bad I was very stressed, every red bar would panic me if I am long, and every green bar would do the same in case I am short.

3)Analyse your system first with the below points,

*what is the trading time frame of your system? this is the time frame where you fine tune your entries if you are using larger time frames for determining trend direction.

*what is your R:R? this is risk to reward rationit might sound pretty easy it is not. Many think that if we buy a scrip for x and sl is at x-25 and target x+50, r:r comes around 1:2 which is pretty awesome right? no never. not that easy my friend, i too thought like this but that isnt the case. to make your r:r impressive, you need to figure out add rules for your system. you should average when your trade is winning, design rules for partial exits, rules for exemptions, rules for cutting positions sometimes if trade is not in your direction and even if sl is not yet hit. All the above are required but may not be sufficient, these are what I have realized to have good R:R.

*any system needs to have re entry signals. suppose if you keep sl and your scrip will come down take your sl and rocket in your original trade direction? this is one of the phases in traders life, if you don't cross this stage you wont even pass ukg in trading. To avoid the frustration of your sl being taken out and trade heading in your direction, you must have re-entry signals.

*Stop Loss, again not a easy thing, if you are going to think that I bough a scrip for x and x - 3 is gonna be my sl, your sl will get hit whenever possible.
This type of SL is called gambling stoploss, and if you are using this kinda stop loss you are going to feel that operators are manipulating you and market makers are fishing retail traders stop losses. Stop Loss, when not put beyond a technical barrier and within a tradeable range will get hit as many times as possible. So, think on it, how to put a sl is itself a great mystery.

*Money management, how much you will max lose per trade, how much you will max lose per month, what is max drawdown, all need to be calculated before trading your system.

There are many other points but I am able to recall these only. All the best for your trading career :D