Incompatibility issue - Zerodha/ NEST Link to Excel x64 bit

Hi RainMan,

Your solution works perfect.

However, I had a few questions. Would appreciate if you could kindly take time to advise on the same:

1. I have noticed two registry entries which I feel need to be revised, since they refer to f:\ drive. Could you please take a look at these and advise whether they need a revision in the registry file. If yes, what should they be revised to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{302DC8E2-FAA2-4E96-ACFE-07A3318DCBDD}\1.0\HELPDIR]
@="f:\\Trader\\57 series\\3.10.57.97\\nt5.0\\bin\\release\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{302DC8E2-FAA2-4E96-ACFE-07A3318DCBDD}\1.0\HELPDIR]

2. Why do I need to run Excel in Administrator mode?

3. Could you please advise in simple terms what this registry file does and how you managed to make it x64 compliant.

4. If I were to make a similar registry hack for another program, what should I be looking for, and how can I do the same. Could you please explain it in a few simple terms? Requesting, since I may need to revise and make something else x64 compliant in the future.

Last edited:
Hi RainMan,

Your solution works perfect.

However, I had a few questions. Would appreciate if you could kindly take time to advise on the same:

1. I have noticed two registry entries which I feel need to be revised, since they refer to f:\ drive. Could you please take a look at these and advise whether they need a revision in the registry file. If yes, what should they be revised to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{302DC8E2-FAA2-4E96-ACFE-07A3318DCBDD}\1.0\HELPDIR]

3. Could you please advise in simple terms what this registry file does and how you managed to make it x64 compliant.

4. If I were to make a similar registry hack for another program, what should I be looking for, and how can I do the same. Could you please explain it in a few simple terms? Requesting, since I may need to revise and make something else x64 compliant in the future.
Hi Tanya,

> > This might be a bit confusing but just think this way "I was just trying to remove/release the old Nest Traders registry entries"

>> Real time data feeds is very much similar to Macros, and this is why we allow full access by running it in Admin Mode

>> Windows Registry is a database which contains settings and option of the operating system, .reg files are text based files for storing portion of the registry.

>> pm me what exactly you are looking for, :)

iTrade

I have face same issue but now it's ok .....
I have done some tricks ....

A) Uninstall NEST trader .... then install it in the same drive where MS excel already install ...
B) open MS excel - click file then option button - go to " Trust Center "- click on trust center settings- go to trusted location option - click on "add new location" - browse your nest file location where u install it ( e.g. C:\Program Files\Omnesys\NEST3\ or E:Omnesys\NEST3\ ) click on ok .... close excel ..
C) now run Nest Trader on Administrator mode ...

hope this will help I think you 1st try excel trick (B) ,, ur problem may be solve ...

Regards ,
AnAtheist :)
Its a old post but it helped me a lot. I had switched to a new computer and tried 1000s of things to make rtd work between nest and excel but it was not working. Your post helped. Thank You.

pankajpari

RSITradeMaster
I was facing the same problem and really didn't want to move to 32 bit Excel....... But the fix provided by RainMan worked wonderfully. Thanks a ton RainMan..... You are too good.....

Regards,

Pankaj

Hi Tanya,

I'm using same 64x and works for me.

Ok i have built a registry file for you can you try this ?

Step 1: Click here and download the file. (Google drive)

Step 2: Just double click on the same and run ZT and excel as ADMIN. This should be the fix.

To run excel as an Admin, Hit Start menu and type excel and "Hold Shift and right click" you should get the Run as Admin option.
Hi RainMan,

As your solution is working for Nest client, could you please help me with NOW, another software by Omnesys. Facing same issue here.
Thanks