In Algo trading, placed Orders can be retrieved and modified ?

Say for example, My Algo placed an order in exchange with Some limit like, 100 as buy price , 98 as stoploss price, 102 as take profit price.

And Now, algo found another pattern so it requires to change the take profit price or stop loss price.

This retrieval of already placed order and modifying is possible through Algo's.

Note: I'm checking feasibility only, so no limitation on which progamming language or TA tool.

Last edited:
May i know which automated/TA system you are using ?

I need code snippets or links where i can refer how to pull the placed order !!

If the examples are of, Amibroker AFL related then will be too good :D

jagankris

May i know which automated/TA system you are using ?

I need code snippets or links where i can refer how to pull the placed order !!

If the examples are of, Amibroker AFL related then will be too good :D
I am not using any algo trading platform.
But you can place/modify/cancel orders provided you can track your orders placed or have access to the order status in trading platform.

This cannot be done with amibroker code but You need API of the trading platform.
In order to cancel the orders placed the algo needs to have the order id's generated receive/store.

If you are looking for algorithmic trading and not trade automation(just automating the buy/sell orders or placing market orders) like the robo trade vendors provide.
Then I guess symphony is the best choice available.

Other alternative is do NCFM/become a authorized person/subbroker of a broker.Then get the NEST API - and then develop the algo using the API.
Not the Nest Plus API.Lengthy process and if you have programming background.

Interactive brokers - is an option but brokerage may not be competitive to use the algo :rofl:

Quantisi is just a algo trading - training institution.They don't provide any algo trading platform - in my understanding.

I am not using any algo trading platform.
But you can place/modify/cancel orders provided you can track your orders placed or have access to the order status in trading platform.

This cannot be done with amibroker code but You need API of the trading platform.
In order to cancel the orders placed the algo needs to have the order id's generated receive/store.

If you are looking for algorithmic trading and not trade automation(just automating the buy/sell orders or placing market orders) like the robo trade vendors provide.
Then I guess symphony is the best choice available.

Other alternative is do NCFM/become a authorized person/subbroker of a broker.Then get the NEST API - and then develop the algo using the API.
Not the Nest Plus API.Lengthy process and if you have programming background.

Interactive brokers - is an option but brokerage may not be competitive to use the algo :rofl:

Quantisi is just a algo trading - training institution.They don't provide any algo trading platform - in my understanding.

It is Deep and clear answer ! thanks JK.. I expected this kind of answers.. I'm doing the analysis on the same. Will update !

And Regarding the QuantInsti , i spoke with QuantInsti Rep, they are providing platform called Flex Platform, And yes they are more narrowed to the Strategy and management part.
But again, through them we can unlock big and expert community i hope ! And we can learn lot from those experts or bla bla..

Will update Once i again anything more on it !

jagankris

And Regarding the QuantInsti , i spoke with QuantInsti Rep, they are providing platform called Flex Platform, And yes they are more narrowed to the Strategy and management part.
But again, through them we can unlock big and expert community i hope ! And we can learn lot from those experts or bla bla..

Will update Once i again anything more on it !
Keep posting !!! Glad to discuss.
Just my beliefs.

Successful professional traders - some may share few basic inputs but mostly otherwise will be busy milking the markets/anonymous and may not be available or willing to share their edge/knowledge/or the tedious efforts or risk their edge by exposing to the public.

Even with symphony - symphony doesn't recommend/sell algo strategies.

Beyond certain levels this is a highly secretive/competitive/war and battle of money power and knowledge and is a lonely path and one has to break their head to move on to further levels !!!