Improvements needed in Fyers web aka Trading view! (clients)

Mukr

Hi
Dear readers and traders iam Murali Krishna and full time trader and i created this thread to discuss trading view (Fyers web) as trading platform and want to know about pros and cons of this to me as trader in seeking opportunities!

Hi
Dear readers and traders iam Murali Krishna and full time trader and i created this thread to discuss trading view (Fyers web) as trading platform and want to know about pros and cons of this to me as trader in seeking opportunities!
Hello fyers terminal best terminal among all brokers; accurate than others chart, every basic indicator you will get except custom tradingview indicator.

Well I feel that the Fyers Web should include the "Volume Profile Indicator" in their platform. It is a very important indicator as far as the intraday trading is concerned. @Tejas Khoday do you have any insight over it?

sangram1705

Thanks Mukr,
for starting this thread. Definitely there are improvements reqd in Fyers. Now it is upto them if they want to implement them or not. Most of it should be applicable to Options traders like me.
1. Open Interest is an indicator which no option trader can ignore. We need it seriously.
2. I wouldnot like to open multiple webpages during trading , so we need option chain too.
3. Time & sales
4. Alerts
5. bar replay
4. The margins are no way workable for option traders. For intraday One should be able to sell atleast 10 lots banknifty/lac. Similarly some margin atleast 4x-5x for option buyers. Now one may call it double edged sword but as a broker u have means to manage risk. maybe 50% MTM compulsary sq off.
Many strategies are risk free. A trader doing strangle intraday with 800/1000 points wide protection how can he manage with so less margin.
Hope team understands client requirements & implements them.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Well I feel that the Fyers Web should include the "Volume Profile Indicator" in their platform. It is a very important indicator as far as the intraday trading is concerned. @Tejas Khoday do you have any insight over it?
TradingView has restricted that feature so far. Of all the third-parties that are associated with TradingView across the globe, we have requested them the most for this particular feature. Hopefully, they change their mind soon and it happens. Until then, godspeed.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Thanks Mukr,
for starting this thread. Definitely there are improvements reqd in Fyers. Now it is upto them if they want to implement them or not. Most of it should be applicable to Options traders like me.
1. Open Interest is an indicator which no option trader can ignore. We need it seriously.
2. I wouldnot like to open multiple webpages during trading , so we need option chain too.
3. Time & sales
4. Alerts
5. bar replay
4. The margins are no way workable for option traders. For intraday One should be able to sell atleast 10 lots banknifty/lac. Similarly some margin atleast 4x-5x for option buyers. Now one may call it double edged sword but as a broker u have means to manage risk. maybe 50% MTM compulsary sq off.
Many strategies are risk free. A trader doing strangle intraday with 800/1000 points wide protection how can he manage with so less margin.
Hope team understands client requirements & implements them.
Hi @sangram1705, I just saw your post. Somehow I didn't know this thread existed.

1. Open Interest as an Indicator is interesting. I have noted it down. WIll discuss if this can be done.

2. We will work on this. Currently, it is available on FYERS One.

3. We introduced Time & Sales. You can read more about it here.

4. Alerts are postponed. We are focused on redeveloping the mobile app.

5. TradingView has not provided the Bar Replay functionality to third parties.

6. Higher leverage = Higher cost of funds for the broker which is eventually passed on to the client in one form or another. Apart from that, it also increases the risks when a black swan event occurs. This is especially applicable for brokers who are providing unreasonably high leverage to option writers near expiry. This trend is dangerous in my opinion. Funding option buyers is very risky too. We don't indulge in anything which can endanger our survival.

7. In India, the exchanges do not provide proper margin benefits for hedged trades. Ideally, they should but so far that hasn't happened. It might change soon and when the exchange does provide these benefits we will be happy to pass it on to our clients. Without a proper mechanism in place, it is dicey. Hope you understand.

8. 50% compulsory square-off is not ideal for F&O traders. It is common for positions to bounce back after 50% MTM loss. We give leeway in this regard and only cut positions when it can wipe out the deposited margins.

We will implement whatever we can in the due course of time. Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Last edited: