Importing Data into Spacejock Fcharts.

HI I AM HR NAYAAK NEW 2 THIS GRUP .I HAV F CHARTS FREE VER .IS IT WORTH GETTING PRO VERTION?I DOWN LOADED FREE HIZXTORICAL DATA.BUT CAN NOT UP DATE IT WITH YAHOO SOME TICKERS HAV DIF SYBOLS .HOW 2 RECTIFY THIS? CAN V LOAD BHAV COPY IN THIS SOFTWARE. NO FUTERS DATA PLS HELP
If you want to buy a chart software go for AmiBroker www.amibroker.com.

It is much better than anyother Pro chart softwares.

Satya

Hi Vijay Iam New 2 This .ihav Same Software Thinking Of Up Grading 2 Pro Can U Provide Me Historical Data Nse +futers Till Date Can U Plse Tell Me How 2 Up Date Bhav Copy?how Much Does Sotware Cost?hows Thier Support Need Some Help To Configer Filter Thanks Hr Nayak

murthymsr

Hi Vijay Iam New 2 This .ihav Same Software Thinking Of Up Grading 2 Pro Can U Provide Me Historical Data Nse +futers Till Date Can U Plse Tell Me How 2 Up Date Bhav Copy?how Much Does Sotware Cost?hows Thier Support Need Some Help To Configer Filter Thanks Hr Nayak
hi nayak,
you may visit the traderji thread:

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

you may build your own database.
MurthyMSR

Hi,

Shrees I am using Medved QUotetracker but it is very slow getting intraday data. I am using reliance internet. If I try to get morethan 3 companies data then it become very slow. and can you tell me if it is possible to get intraday data from UTI securities which ready to give me oden fecility. can I get data from their. or any other software which can give free data.

sir,
i have downloaded the tickers in the fcharts but when i right click on the big screen i get the data popup but donload with the back url is not there.pls help

Dear shrees,
I have downloaded your attachment file.copied it to MS excell.
& when I tried to rename with ".csv" I got the error message as fallows-
"This file may contain features that are not compatible with .csv do you want the workbook inthis?" I clicked "yes"
Then When I tried to Import that file to Fchart I got the error message "import failed"
I tried 3-4 times then I got the file imported to the charts.
I got the charts though not all.I did not save it to FChart(I dont know how
to)
then next day when I tried I did not get the charts.So I redid
all as you wrote. But This time I was unable to import the file though I tried
many times.I always got the the error message "import failed"
Do you have any suggestions. thanks
with regards
balachandra([email protected])
Dear Balachandra...
If you dont mind let me help you with this.Ensure that you have the latest version of the program(1.5.96E).Import yahoo nse ticker symbols into f-charts .Go to import>backfill and fill in the details and click start download.Remember if your tickers contain the suffix .NS then leave the market suffix box blank.If you dont have tickers I can send you a .csv file by mail attachment.
regards....
santo...

XRAY27

hello friends
you can down laod csv format file from nseindia.com other than yahoo for data to fcharts

Dear Santo,
I will be greatfull if I get help from U. Now I have installed The
version as U told. ie.v 1.5.96e.I will be happy.I am looking forward to your
".csv"file by mail attachment & try it again.I dont forget to thank traderji
also who created this site. Thanking U Santo
with regards
a_balu1956@yahoo,co.in(balachandra)
Dear Balachandra,
I have sent the yahoo tickers file to your mail id...
regards...
santo...

Dear balachandraji...

If you have installed the version 1.5.96e then there is no need for editing the download url.I will try to explain things one by one

1.ensure that the version is 1.5.96e

2.import the tickers file i mailed you,(you may have already done this)
If this is the file you use, you will see .ns in all the tickers.

3.click the import/export button (the third one from top left)

4.now you will see the import/export dialogue box,in the top row of this box you will see the BACK FILL button,click it...

5.now you will see the backfill dialogue box and the url in the white box will be this> http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=@@@%%%&ignore=.csv

6.market suffix box >>> leave it blank (because our tickers already contain the suffix .ns)

7.star date/end date>>>> here fill in the period for which you need data and better if you leave todays date.Upto yester day you can back fill.

8.The back fill process is time consuming.so let us split it into parts.This can be done by filling the start and end letter boxes suitably.For example put a in start letter box and put bzz in end letter date. this will fill the data for all tickers starting with the alphabets a&b.

9.Tick the clear temporary files after import box.

10.click start download..

11.For day to day filling up of data open the program preferably after 5pm and click import/export.

12.click download button

13.The url will be this>>> http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=@@@&f=sd1ohgl1v&e=.csv

14.click the start button.Now you will get the latest trading days prices.

I hope the above description is sufficient...If any clarification is required please let me know..

regards...
santo.

Dear Santo,
I am overwhelmed with joy, I too shouted Eureka. because of your kind help. At the same time I must thank Traderji also. He informed me about your answer.
Without the help of you Sri.Santo and the traderjis site I might not be able to use the FCharts.
My typing speed is as fast as a snail. I am the type of person who needs a lot of time to type.So, my reply will be delayed.
Thanking you for your kind help. Without which I could not have been able to ( I thank traderji for getting me a kind hearted helpful member) see the historical data of companies in FCharts
Thanking you again and again for your kind help.
I keep writing letters though delayed. Again thanking senior members, Santo Traderji and Shrees.
With regards to all the senior members who are using their valuable time to advice (teach) the junior members without any selfishness.
With again great regards towards Santo and Traderji.

With regards
[email protected][/QUOT

Dear Balachandraji,
Happy to know its working...Remember to update it every market day.Its better than backfill...Happy investing...
regards...
santo.