Importing Data into Spacejock Fcharts.

This is a free software which can be downloaded at

http://spacejock.com

Getting Yahoo data into this :
======================
1. I have enclosed a txt file with NSE stock codes.Download this and save it with a ".csv" extension.

2. Run FCharts.

3. Click on the "Settings" - it is between "Drawing" & "Help" on the left side.

a. In the pop-up..click on price cleanup.
b. In the next pop-up click on "Delete All Prices and All Companies".. This
will delete all unwanted data first.Exit pop-up.

4. Next click on "Import Export" - on left upper side.

a. In the pop-up click on "Other Data"...in the next pop-up "Import tickers".
Select the ".csv" file that you saved. This will import the stock codes.

5. Next again click on "Settings".

a. In the pop-up click on "Downloader". Paste this url in "Data downloader"
and "Backfill Url"

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=@@@.NS&d=eMM&e=eDD&f=eYYYY&g=d&a=sMM&b=sDD&c=sYYYY&ignore=.csv

b. Change the "Start Date" & "End Date" to whatever dates you want. Exit.

6. Again click "Settings".."Other Urls" and paste this url.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=@@@.NS&d=v1

Exit by pressing "OK".

7. Now,On top you will see 5 drop down lists. Select All() in the second and the third drop downs. In the fourth drop down if you click on the down arrow you will be able to see the stock codes that you imported earlier. Highlight the code for which you wish to download historical data.

8.On the top big window, Right-click...this will give a pop-up with "Data" as one of the options. Click on it,and then on.."Download 12 months using back refill Url".

Thats it. You are done. Repeat 7 & 8 for as many stocks as you want.

I will clarify further if necessary.

If you are using Medved QUotetracker...you can further connect Fcharts and quotetracker for intraday data uploading also. If anyone needs info on how to do this I will explain.

Best Wishes
Shri.

Thank you very much for writing down customistion of Fcharts & introducing us to this very useful chart program.

Could you pl give me further idae as to how to connect fcahrts & quote tracer for intrady dat uploading.

regards
sanket Kapadnis
[email protected]

shrees said:
This is a free software which can be downloaded at

http://spacejock.com

Getting Yahoo data into this :
======================
1. I have enclosed a txt file with NSE stock codes.Download this and save it with a ".csv" extension.

2. Run FCharts.

3. Click on the "Settings" - it is between "Drawing" & "Help" on the left side.

a. In the pop-up..click on price cleanup.
b. In the next pop-up click on "Delete All Prices and All Companies".. This
will delete all unwanted data first.Exit pop-up.

4. Next click on "Import Export" - on left upper side.

a. In the pop-up click on "Other Data"...in the next pop-up "Import tickers".
Select the ".csv" file that you saved. This will import the stock codes.

5. Next again click on "Settings".

a. In the pop-up click on "Downloader". Paste this url in "Data downloader"
and "Backfill Url"

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=@@@.NS&d=eMM&e=eDD&f=eYYYY&g=d&a=sMM&b=sDD&c=sYYYY&ignore=.csv

b. Change the "Start Date" & "End Date" to whatever dates you want. Exit.

6. Again click "Settings".."Other Urls" and paste this url.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=@@@.NS&d=v1

Exit by pressing "OK".

7. Now,On top you will see 5 drop down lists. Select All() in the second and the third drop downs. In the fourth drop down if you click on the down arrow you will be able to see the stock codes that you imported earlier. Highlight the code for which you wish to download historical data.

8.On the top big window, Right-click...this will give a pop-up with "Data" as one of the options. Click on it,and then on.."Download 12 months using back refill Url".

Thats it. You are done. Repeat 7 & 8 for as many stocks as you want.

I will clarify further if necessary.

If you are using Medved QUotetracker...you can further connect Fcharts and quotetracker for intraday data uploading also. If anyone needs info on how to do this I will explain.

Best Wishes
Shri.

Thanks a million Shrees,
Excellent work. I have done what who had written. But I think there is gain problem with Yahoo data. So could not download the data. Waiting for the problem with Yahoo to be sorted out. Will get back to you after that.

Regards,
Vinod

sh50

Thanks for being so explicit. I want to confirm one thing. I don't think in quotetracker, one can get historical real time data. Is it possible to get it the way you have suggested. For example, if I wanted to get a 30 minute chart of the previous day or the day before to view alongisde current intraday, is that possible? All the brokers offer only current charts.

Hi Shrees,
First of all, Thankx a lot for this excellent step by step tutorial.

I tried this. But i am not able to view the chart when I download the 12 month data.

1. I could set up the symbols.
2. I could set up the proxy (as i am behind the firewall). It connects to the yahoo site and it creates a 1Kb file in data directory of FCharts.

But the problem is when I select a symbol and try to download the data. Can you plz help me on this?..

~Rajesh.B

spkfinancial said:
Thank you very much for writing down customistion of Fcharts & introducing us to this very useful chart program.

Could you pl give me further idae as to how to connect fcahrts & quote tracer for intrady dat uploading.

regards
sanket Kapadnis
[email protected]
1. Run Quotetracker.

2. Click on Menu on the top right extreme. In the pop-up,select preferences.
Here,on the right look for "API Server Settings o ON o Off". Enable On.
Ensure HTTP Port is set to 16239. Press Ok.

3. Run Fcharts. Select the stock code from the fourth drop down. In the last
drop -down select Intra day.

4. On the left there is "Intraday" key - Between "Scanner" & "Upgrade". Click
on this. In the pop-up click on "Start". You can also set the time
frequency in seconds for the data to be refreshed.

Thats it. Your Intraday Chart will be up.
Please note for this, the same stock code should also be there in your Quotetracker Portfolio. For e.g if you have SAIL in quotetracker,then when you run intraday for SAIL in FC the charts come up.

Shri.

bvinod said:
Thanks a million Shrees,
Excellent work. I have done what who had written. But I think there is gain problem with Yahoo data. So could not download the data. Waiting for the problem with Yahoo to be sorted out. Will get back to you after that.

Regards,
Vinod
Yahoo is OK.

Shri.

sh50 said:
Thanks for being so explicit. I want to confirm one thing. I don't think in quotetracker, one can get historical real time data. Is it possible to get it the way you have suggested. For example, if I wanted to get a 30 minute chart of the previous day or the day before to view alongisde current intraday, is that possible? All the brokers offer only current charts.
I think the only way to do this is you must save today's chart and bring it up the next day. Otherwise I guess you are right,brokers offer only current charts.

Shri.

Hi Shri,

I could not download the data from Yahoo. it is not working with Wall Street Analyser either. The settings are as you had written I shall wait for 2 days to see whether it will get corrected

Regards,
Vinod