Importing Data into Spacejock Fcharts.

bvinod said:
Hi Shri,

I could not download the data from Yahoo. it is not working with Wall Street Analyser either. The settings are as you had written I shall wait for 2 days to see whether it will get corrected

Regards,
Vinod
Yahoo is working. Even with Wall Street. I just updated the quotes. Chk if something else is the problem.

Best wishes
Shri.

sh50

shrees said:
7. Now,On top you will see 5 drop down lists. Select All() in the second and the third drop downs. In the fourth drop down if you click on the down arrow you will be able to see the stock codes that you imported earlier. Highlight the code for which you wish to download historical data.

8.On the top big window, Right-click...this will give a pop-up with "Data" as one of the options. Click on it,and then on.."Download 12 months using back refill Url".

Best Wishes
Shri.
There is a problem here. Is the csv file supposed to be compulsarily be stored in the data folder?

The first and the second drop down mentions the all() feature and not 2nd and 3rd. The fourth and fifth are to do with time. The third is the big window where the codes are supposed to come, I suppose. I don't know why they are not coming. When you right click on the window it shows copy,paste etc and there is no data. Though you have explained very well, I seem to be going wrong somewhere without being able to pinpoint it. Please see if you can help. This may sound silly but is the yahoo site supposed to be accesses in an extra window while doing this .This is very important. I don't mind talking if I have to. Please see if you can help shree, Thanks. Regards

Last edited:
sh50 said:
There is a problem here. Is the csv file supposed to be compulsarily be stored in the data folder?

The first and the second drop down mentions the all() feature and not 2nd and 3rd. The fourth and fifth are to do with time. The third is the big window where the codes are supposed to come, I suppose. I don't know why they are not coming. When you right click on the window it shows copy,paste etc and there is no data. Though you have explained very well, I seem to be going wrong somewhere without being able to pinpoint it. Please see if you can help. This may sound silly but is the yahoo site supposed to be accesses in an extra window while doing this .This is very important. I don't mind talking if I have to. Please see if you can help shree, Thanks. Regards
1. CSV file has to be stored in the Data Folder.

2. You are right. The first & second drop down mention All(). I realised that only after submitting the post.Sorry for that mix up.

I think you are probably missing out in storing the csv file in the data folder. If it is stored properly, the 1st & 2nd dropdown will show All(500). Only then you will be able to access the codes in the 3rd drop down.

3. Yahoo site will not get accessed in a seperate window.

Get bac if you need further clarification.

Shri.

sh50

Mission accomplished. Thanks a million. I followed up the quotetracker instuctions but it says that ad breakthrough percentage has to be 3% mine is less. What to do?

Since you have been thorough as a pro, let me add to that

In Quotetracker the server is in the misc sub menu.

In the Charts there is no intra-day in last scroll down. I chose 3 minute bar.

Is quotetracker reliable. I don't think it gives the latest quotes. It seems to lag behind somewhat.

Thanks and guide further. Regards

Last edited:
sh50 said:
Mission accomplished. Thanks a million. I followed up the quotetracker instuctions but it says that ad breakthrough percentage has to be 3% mine is less. What to do?

Since you have been thorough as a pro, let me add to that

In Quotetracker the server is in the misc sub menu.

In the Charts there is no intra-day in last scroll down. I chose 3 minute bar.

Is quotetracker reliable. I don't think it gives the latest quotes. It seems to lag behind somewhat.

Thanks and guide further. Regards
To reach 3% or more ad breakthrough percentage, you have to just click on the ads which are displayed. Two ads are showing always. Click on these. In fact you need not even wait till the whole ad loads onto the new window. The moment you click on them, you receive credit. This detail is shown just by the side (right side) of the ad.

I am not able to get you on this "server in the misc sub menu".

Regarding the intra day chart,this comes up by right clicking on the column which reads "chart".

Shri.

milind

Hi folks,

I have been trying to set up this data downloader too, and not much success. I experimented with the downloader URL, and the download worked when I put explicit dates instead of placeholders like eMM.

Wall Street Analyzer is starting to annoy me - it frequently hangs, the downloader keeps popping up messages with divide by 0 error. I don't think it saves chart settings either. Let me know if you've had better experience with it.

Thirdly, is anyone able to download more than one year worth of data for indian stocks from yahoo in either tools? It doesn't have a problem with US stocks.

Cheers

-- Milind

sh50

Click on Menu on the top right extreme. In the pop-up,select preferences.
Here,on the right look for "API Server Settings o ON o Off". Enable On.
Ensure HTTP Port is set to 16239. Press Ok.
This is in the server sub menu.

You have said elsewhere that historical charts can only be got by saving today and using tomorrow. I hope this way we shall get data for any previous period that we may want and they continue saving regularly.

sh50

Shree, I am through most of the way. I chose ITC and it just made a straight diagonal line without any graph. This may need a little online help. My yahoo messenger id is npoet2003. We can be online at a time of your choosing. Do let me know-we are on the verge of achieving a 'top'