Importing data into FC Charts

hi roneeth,

You can import data into FC in following way:

1.)Download the data by using the downloader into a folder. Download in FC format with the NSE downloader already floated in software section.
2)click on the Import\Export button on the top left side of FC charts.
3)Click on import from file and browse to the folder in which you extracted the data and there select all .txt files using the shift button( in case of importing data for more than one day).
4)then click OK and you are done.

hope that solves your prob.

happy investing

neeraj

Hi friends. can anyone provide me bse data from july 1st to today in METASTOCK format? and also pl. let me know how to update the bse data regularly? may be the helpful person could upload it somewhere or preferably send me a zip file to my following e-mail id:"[email protected]". MKSHEKAR.

Hello!

Neeraj thanks for taking time and posting.I will try doing this , any problem i will get back to you.

Happy investing

Roneeth

Dear Roneeth

This is with refrence to your query regarding the downloading of Nse data and converting these informations to a chart .

I do believe you have already downloaded the Fc Chart programme downloaded to your computer.there are three steps to convert datas in to chart.

1.Save nse tickers in to csv text.(If you have any doubt regarding the correctness of nse ticker kindly down load bhav copy which is in the opening page of nseindia.com and verify or else under the historical data section there is one button for” symbol look up”.) Save the nse tickers in the csv format and save it in folder with a name like’ nse ticker’ or the one which you like.

2. Open FC Chart programme, click on the button ‘IMPORT&EXPORT’on the left side of the chart. When click on the button there you will see a pop up showing 5 buttons, you click on the button ‘other’ there you can see a button ‘import ticker’, click on it,there you can see the pop up, as per the pop up window you choose the nse ticker file (in csv format which we mentioned in the above paragraph) and click open. The 1st session is over. You can view the nse tickers on the chart on the top of the chart .

The second part of the programme is down loading data,which can be accessed either from nseindia.com or yahoo finance .com. Downloading data from yahoofinance .com some times faces difficulties so the easiest and cheapest way is downloading historical data from nseindia.com, the data are available from ’94 onwards and authentic also.

1. download historicaldata from nseindia .com of a scrip say for example ,ACC,from 1st jan 2004 to 26th nov 2005. Down load ACC ticker from nseindia.com and which is available to you in csv format, open the csv file of acc change ‘total traded quantity ‘to ‘volume’ and save in the same csv format and save this in a file with a name not exceeding 12 characters it is important.
2. Open FC chart click on the’ import export button’ on the pop up under settings you change the ticker length to required number (usually min 2 max 12).Below that change the date(ie from the start to the end of the file),below that “click on the button”don’t add new companies “ click on it other wise in future all the tickers in the bhav copies will appear in list, to avoid this always click on the above button , next click on the button’ import price file’ there you can open the saved historical price of the file which you saved, here, ACC for example, and select the file open and the chart is ready.
3. The next part is down loading daily price from nseindia.com; for this you down load bhav copy for the day and make some changes in the bhavcopy ie the format of the file should be in the following sequence ie “tickername ,date,open ,high ,low,close,volume” always change “Traded quantity to volume otherwise volume will show “0000”and save the bhav copy in a folder; click on the import export button,click on the’ importprice file’button, chang date in the box,tick the don’t add new company button,and finally click importprice file button, that day file is saved in the chart like this you can ad every day prices in to the chart.

Hope you can proceed now without much difficulty if you have any doubt in this regard kindly do write to me, I will clear your doubt and happy trading.Best luck.

I am using FChart for more than 6 months and I have not faced any problem ,but recently I have downloaded historical data of the tickers recently added in FNO in csv format .But after importing the datas into FChart I found that the chart is not showing properly ; only high& low price is showing and the whole chart is either green or red .it is not reflecting exact datas and also the chart kindly help me .
thank you .