I'm 17. Too young to trade?

Dear Traders,
I am currently pursuing my 12th commerce. I am very much fascinated by trading in equity. I am currently reading Day Trading for Dummies & Technical Analysis for Dummies. Am I on the right path? Your replies will be highly appreciated. :)

A short answer to your question ( are you to young to trade?) of course not ! I am to a 17 year old in standard 10.. infact the youngest here ! and I got into this market around 1.3 years ago ! was I to young ? no not at all ! There is no age , degree etc etc to learn - in the field of trading and investment in fact the sooner you get in the better you will be ! I wish you all the best in your journey !

Last edited:

SexyTrader

A short answer to your question ( are you to young to trade?) of course not ! I am to a 17 year old in standard 10.. infact the youngest here ! and I got into this market around 1.3 years ago ! was I to young ? no not at all ! There is no age , degree etc etc to learn - in the field of trading and investment in fact the sooner you get in the better you will be ! I wish you all the best in your journey !
Not too young, but learn your way up......dont start trading for the sake of money. Money follows the ones who know how to trade!

avad

+1.:clap:age is just a number

Saiftauheed,how much capital did you have? How did you research? How much have you made/lost? And you are not the youngest here anymore buddy, ;-)

Saiftauheed,how much capital did you have? How did you research? How much have you made/lost? And you are not the youngest here anymore buddy, ;-)
Ok then we both are the youngest now :p lol
Praveen I would like to tell you I am 100% Technical analyst ( No fundamentals involved) ! In fact most of the best professionals traders here are T.A's ! When I started trading I smoked 2 account ! First one in 3 days second one in 10 days ! I sit everyday around 10-12 hours in front of my computer analyzing the charts almost every time frame . its been a long time since doing that and with time and much due diligence I have a cut and dry idea how it works ! anyone with a rock solid ethic can learn to trade either way market can do only two thing only go up or down you just have to go with them ! I have followed what my mentor told me to do - In order to become a sucessfull trader you have to work on 3 things -

1. System that you know produces consistently.
2. Money management principles.
3. The mental discipline

I have still a lot to work on NO.3 other than that I am doing fine :)

rkkarnani

Apart from all other arguments for or against :
Person below 18 are unelligible to trade "officially"!!!! :D

But this is the correct age to 'learn' as you have the least to 'unlearn'!!! :p

@rk- you have a point sir! But im still at a learning stage. :). And saif,how much did u have in ur accounts. And Im too focused upon being a TA,because one can hardly benefit in the short term by analysing fundamentals. And I would like to know who your mentor is? And u said ur in 10th,how come?