IIFL: Flat Brokerage of Rs.9.99 per executed order

DSM

I would not mind paying 20 bucks rather than deal with IIFL. Cannot be trusted to change the brokerage structure mid-way. Check out your contract notes everyday if trading with them. Also, it is not clear if they will provide the current terminal, or it will be a stripped down version.

IIFL has now become affordable broker by introducing cheap flat rates. I loved their terminal but brokerage was high. :thumb:

lemondew

Looks like you ve had some bad exp with them.
I would not mind paying 20 bucks rather than deal with IIFL. Cannot be trusted to change the brokerage structure mid-way. Check out your contract notes everyday if trading with them. Also, it is not clear if they will provide the current terminal, or it will be a stripped down version.

DSM

Yep, against a % based brokerage, for some scripts, they will charge you as per quantity. So if the lot size (for small value scripts) is 8,000 or 12,000 or such, the brokerage will be Rs. 1,000+ for a sing lot trade. A lesson learnt, so it is always advisable to check from time to time your ledger and contract note from your brokers, as they can change the terms of brokerage, without you being aware. Caveat emptor, as they say in Latin, let the buyer be aware (always, anywhere, anytime)

Looks like you ve had some bad exp with them.