If U can.....answer this

ag_fx

Question 5:

I visited my math teacher last February. My teacher told me there were 3 groups of students came to his house on that day already. He also told me each group had different numbers of students. He said it was a coincidence that the product of the numbers of students in each group was equal to the visiting date (todays date). He asked me if I knew how many people came in each group.

I looked at the calendar and found out that there might be 4 possible answers. So I asked my teacher a question. He replied: No. Then I gave him the correct answer.

1)Do you know on what date I visited my teacher?
2)How many people came in each group?
3)What was the question I asked my teacher?

answer........If U can.........?????????????
1) 24
2) 1,4,6
3) Did any group had a prime number of students?

I am not sure if this is correct.
as of my knowledge 1 is prime number.( of course..... wrong answer)

Ohh..how can I be so stupid. 1 is prime. So the answer is:

4 possible dates: 12,15,21,24

1) 24
2)2,3,4
3)Did any student come alone?Or did any group contain 1 student?

Though calling a group should logically mean at least 2 students, but the catch of having 4 possible dates rules in the optiion of 1 student in a group.

Awaiting your answer.

vssoma

Question 5:

I visited my math teacher last February. My teacher told me there were 3 groups of students came to his house on that day already. He also told me each group had different numbers of students. He said it was a coincidence that the product of the numbers of students in each group was equal to the visiting date (todays date). He asked me if I knew how many people came in each group.

I looked at the calendar and found out that there might be 4 possible answers. So I asked my teacher a question. He replied: No. Then I gave him the correct answer.

1)Do you know on what date I visited my teacher?
2)How many people came in each group?
3)What was the question I asked my teacher?

answer........If U can.........?????????????

The date is the product of 3 different numbers with 4 possible answers. Therefore, the date is the 24th. Since 24 can have the factors:

1, 2, 12
1, 3, 8
1, 4, 6
2, 2, 6 (Invalid because we need 3 different numbers)
2, 3, 4.

Other numbers can not have 4 possible answers. For example, the number 18 can have the factors:

1, 2, 9
1, 3, 6
2, 3, 3 (Invalid because we need 3 different numbers)

The question I asked was: Do you consider 1 person as a group? My teacher said: No. I knew immediately the answer was 2, 3, and 4.

vssoma

Question 6:

There is a prisoner who is about to be executed. The king decides to give him one last chance to live.

There are 2 doors, the life door and the death door. There is one guard standing by each door. Those two guards know which door is the life door and which is the death door. However, one of them always tells the truth and the other always tells a lie. There is no way you can identify which door is the life door or the death door. There is no way you can distinguish who is the one telling the truth.

The prisoner can only ask one guard one question. Then he needs to choose a door to walk in. If he walks in the death door, then he will be executed. If he walks in the life door, he can have a new life.

He did choose the life door and lived.

What was the question he asked? How did he choose the door after he got the answer from one of the guards?

columbus

Question 6:

There is a prisoner who is about to be executed. The king decides to give him one last chance to live.

There are 2 doors, the life door and the death door. There is one guard standing by each door. Those two guards know which door is the life door and which is the death door. However, one of them always tells the truth and the other always tells a lie. There is no way you can identify which door is the life door or the death door. There is no way you can distinguish who is the one telling the truth.

The prisoner can only ask one guard one question. Then he needs to choose a door to walk in. If he walks in the death door, then he will be executed. If he walks in the life door, he can have a new life.

What was the question he asked? How did he choose the door after he got the answer from one of the guards?[/COLORl]

It is important to know the LIER GUARD than the correct door.
Ask a simple question DO YOU THINK I AM A MAN?
If the answer is "YES" ,he is good guard.
If the answer is "NO",he is liar.
I vaguely remember reading this story in Chandamama.
The matter gets complicated if the lier guard tells lies habitually.

columbus

vssoma

Question 6:

What was the question he asked? How did he choose the door after he got the answer from one of the guards?

:lol::lol::lol:

MurAtt

Ask any one guard "If I ask the other guard which is the LIFE door, which one will he point out?" Take the other door.

Logic ...
If you are asking the lier, he will show you Death door since he knows that other guard is TRUTH sayer and will show life door, so he shows death door.
If you are asking the truth sayer, he will show you Death door since he knows that other guard is Liar and will show death door, so he shows death door.
So in both cases as stated above, take other door of whatever shown !!!!

columbus

good guys......most of you are correct.

now QUESTION-2:
I can be created by humans, But they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?

Fire ???????????????

MurAtt

good guys......most of you are correct.

now QUESTION-2:
I can be created by humans, But they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?
Child

Happy Riddling

SavantGarde
Correct .... columbus where are you .. answer already given ...

Next one ..

A wealthy merchant had 2 sons and was dyeing. He called his sons to him to determine who would inherit the business. He told them they where to race to a distant city. The brother whose camel arrived last would take over.

The next day the two brothers set out on their best camels but by the end of the day they had only reached the inn just outside the city. Each trying to go slower than the other so they would arrive last. Over dinner they told thier problem to the inn keeper. He thought it over and gave some advice to the brothers. The next morning the two brothers set out at a full race.

What advice did the inn keeper give the brothers?
(and yes .. no peek a boo to you know who/where .. :D)